What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UFC Undisputed 2009

Jono078

Referee
Can't wait for it, the demo is such a tease, have had many great games against the CPU and mates.

Cupid Stunt

Game pulled a f'n swifty. The deal was if you pre-ordered you got a shirt with it, went in this morning to pick it up was told "oh did you hear, we aren't giving the shirts out now. Only the prime stores got them". Ummm no, sorry, I want what was promised to me & paid for...

Smacks of the old bait-&-switch.

Cupid Stunt

Oh & if anyone has a contact for them besides the website or store, ie head office, could you please pass it on. Stores wont hand out the number but they do have it obviously.

this game has totally pwned me. it f**king owns. i got up early and went and got it, and this is the first time i have stopped playing in the 4 hrs ive had it haha. only 3 bad things i can think of is:

*in create a fighter, there is no option to make your fighter an australian. closest you can hope for is japan lol.

*in exhibition mode you cant have catch weight fights. so if i want lesnar to fight bj penn, it cant happen. i wanted to match up leben and koscheck but it wouldnt let me.

*in career mode, you start your career fighting some random dude, in a random gym. would been good to either start your career trying to win TUF or competing in small organisations until the ufc notice you.

but besides these very minor flaws, this game rules.

Jono078

Referee
Love it, as mentioned above there is a few minor things that are annoying.

I owned online, have a 5-2 record. My cousin f**ked up the first fight and the second one I got a stupid elbow to the jaw against Silva and it was over in 40, lucky Flash KO.

Also got a free DVD with it which came as a nice surprise, from JB Hi-Fi.

some other strange/stupid things:

*i was fighting Shogun and all of a sudden Goldy calls him "Murilo Rua" (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) what a HUGE f**k up. for those that arent MMA fans, Murilo Rua is Shoguns brother, who isnt even in the game or even a part of the UFC lol.

*im so sick of the commentary of old fights playing during the menus, it was cool at first but im so sick of karo singing about his judo throws and hearing "HOUSTON ALEXANDER IS FOR REAL!!!"

*also why is lyoto machida the easiest guy in the game to beat?

again these are minor flaws, this game still owns so bad. i suck at it tho. im gonna get owned when i go online.

AILD

Bench
f**king amazing game. there are a few flaws as you guys mentioned but they arent major.

career mode i ripped through the first 3 guys...then i went 2 down in a row...one a few and went on a streak of 5 wins. ive been beaten 6 times...4 from superman punches lol. its getting much harder now tho.

i suck so much on the ground. forrest and tito just shoot and take me down and beat my ass down.

Last edited:

AILD

Bench
how hot is that rachel leah in HD....the classic fights is a real good feature. altho it sucked when i was Liddel vs Tito and i had to go easy on him for two rounds before i could send his nose through the back of his head.

f**k I suck on the ground. Ive lost 5 matches on PPV, won 15 or 16 on television, all the losses have been through gorund and pound TKOs and one armbar, all of my wins have been through KOs from stiff kicks to the head. I know I'll get there sooner or later, but f**king Matt Serra is Welterweight champ, but I beat him in my fourth or fifth fight with a 30second knock out...f**king gutted my ground game sucks!

AILD

Bench
ground is the hardest part. on my next career ill be putting most of ny starting points on ground defence.

another question...does anyone know how the retirement thingy works?

my first career at heavyweight i was something like 27(W), 12 (L), 0 (D) when they sent me and email saying they will retire me...i ended up winnings the belt.

my next career was middleweight and i had about 30 odd wins with around 5-7 losses before they retired me...i got the belt earlier and succesfully defended it about 8 times before getting beat in my last fight.

its cant go by age because both times i started at 22 yrs old.

i own at the ground. if u want to do submissions, best way to go about it is to have a wrestling ground base, NOT BJJ. On BJJ i couldnt do sh*t, but now i have a wrestler guy and i pass to mount so easily, and ive pulled off some sweet submissions.

Jono078

Referee
Just finished my first career.

Started it on fire going 9-0 and getting a title shot which I absolutely got belted in.

Then my last 5 fights were great, couple losses follwed by 3 wins to hopefully get another shot at the title, in the end my last fight was against 4th ranked Brock Lesnar.

He won in the 3rd round with a TKO. My final record was 23-12.

EDIT: In better news, I completely dominate online. My record is 10-2. First loss was my cousins fault and 2nd loss was a piss weak flash KO, so i'm going great online.

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
Fun game.. I'm 3 or 4 and 0 in career. I've just made my dude have a sledgehammer for a left.

I'm trying to work on my take downs and stuff but I suck. I can escape them but I can't use them.

i rule at submissions, unfortunately everyone quits just as im about to apply it, so i only have a 1-0 online record

Won my first title, knocking out Matt Hughes midway through the second round to be crowned the new UFC Welterweight Champion of the World. Awesome.

AILD

Bench
ive improved on the ground alot. im pretty confident of getting up everytime. ive got the belt in three careers that ive played...unstoppable when i have the belt!

Latest posts