What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Um... Is it just me?

Fatwing15

Juniors
Has it been verified that the USARL wants to fold back into the AMNRL?

I think it is essential for the USARL to want to merge, but I am not sure if I had heard anything to confirm this? (I may have just missed it)

(removed nonsense from previous post lol)

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Has it been verified that the USARL wants to fold back into the AMNRL?

I think it is essential for the USARL to want to merge, but I am not sure if I had heard anything to confirm this? (I may have just missed it)

But for those teams from the USARL to move forward, teams that struggle to be competitive need to find competitive games, If the leagues merge it will give the Baltimore Blues, Warriors, Oneida, RIR, a chance to schedule games against teams like the Raiders and Eagles.
It will also give top tier teams like the Fight a chance to avoid playing 5 games against teams that are wildly over-matched. (they had a 3 week stretch where they out scored their 3 opponents by an average of nearly 80 points.

I guess what my point/question is, does any one know for sure that the USARL wants to merge? Or would the USARL want to just eliminate teams like Onieda, The Blues, The Warriors, and the Eagles, or dub them "developmental teams" like they did the Pittsburgh team?
What the heck are you talking about?

Evil Homer

Staff member
LOL sorry, my posts tend to turn into long rambling bunches of nonsense.

Just asking if the USARL has shown real interest in merging? (guess this could go in a different thread) Any sources?
I doubt it, why would they want to merge with a far inferior organization that they went to such lengths to get away from in the first place and that seems to have further deteriorated since then?

deal.with.it

Juniors
Yeah, I mean the USARL have the quality product. Yes a couple teams struggle, but overall, they have the superior product.
Number of teams, schedule, facilities, social media, website, 9's tournament, juniors, reserve grade comp etc.
The only thing missing is a national team.

So I would think the USARL will continue doing their thing until the RLIF has no choice but to give them the national team.

At the present time you have teams in the AMNRL like the sharks, raiders, eagles that don't really have the same loyalty as the Knights, Bulls, Wildcats, because their players don't get picked for Tomahawks, and they don't really get much support.

The Knights, Bulls and Wildcats are all affiliated in some way to the mate-ship of David Niu. That is what is standing in the way.

There are a couple of guys who post on here from the Sharks. I'd be interested to know what would change for your team if you played in the USARL, and what is the main negatives towards playing in the USARL?

Dude you have no place putting the RIR into that category. We are a team that does just fine against any of them... We only lost by 12 points against boston who finished in 2nd place and we beat boston 60 to 4 the previous season.

The Rebellion are a team not to be trifled with. I am building a team from the bottom up that has real sustainable talent. I played for the Wildcats in the AMNRL and we would kick their butt as the RIR.. i would see it a struggle to have a convincing win vs the Knights but that is about it.

We even put on a good show against Jax having to have to wake up and travel at 530am to be delayed in Gerogia for 5 hours then literally get off the bus and have 15 minutes to change and get on the Field.

So i Reiterate... we would wipe the floor with every single amnrl team's roster from last season... besides maybe the Knights.

Dude you have no place putting the RIR into that category. We are a team that does just fine against any of them... We only lost by 12 points against boston who finished in 2nd place and we beat boston 60 to 4 the previous season.

The Rebellion are a team not to be trifled with. I am building a team from the bottom up that has real sustainable talent. I played for the Wildcats in the AMNRL and we would kick their butt as the RIR.. i would see it a struggle to have a convincing win vs the Knights but that is about it.

We even put on a good show against Jax having to have to wake up and travel at 530am to be delayed in Gerogia for 5 hours then literally get off the bus and have 15 minutes to change and get on the Field.

So i Reiterate... we would wipe the floor with every single amnrl team's roster from last season... besides maybe the Knights.

PS -- I stopped reading once I saw RIR mentioned.

Fatwing15

Juniors

There we go, Let's get the people going! That's the passion this board needs.

pennpool

Juniors

He has a good point, there was no need to delete or chastise his post. It's no good for any team to get spanked regularly by 60+ points for several weeks on the bounce.

There is a huge disparity in both leagues for certain teams. That's one of the large issues that needs to be resolved going forward. That and many other issues.

pennpool

Juniors

I commend you for what you are doing with the rebellion but you have to stop coming on here acting like everything is perfect up there. Your doing a great job but it's not without problems. Honesty is always best mate.

pennpool

Juniors

The sharks, I'm sure, will gladly host you in PA for a pre season game.

Evil Homer

Staff member
He has a good point, there was no need to delete or chastise his post. It's no good for any team to get spanked regularly by 60+ points for several weeks on the bounce.

There is a huge disparity in both leagues for certain teams. That's one of the large issues that needs to be resolved going forward. That and many other issues.
What? I didn't 'delete' anything, I'm not even a moderator on this section of the forum :lol:

I chastised his post because it was stupid. Why would the USARL want to 'fold back into the AMNRL' when it is clearly the superior organization in literally every way? Yes, it would be better if all the teams were under the same banner, allowing for a more logical divisional structure, but that really is nothing compared to the deep-rooted, fundamental problems that surround the AMNRL and will continue to do so as long as the current management are in place.

Boston13s

Juniors

The Round 5 result was Boston 58 - Rhode Island 22

sharkies9

Juniors

Those are some pretty strong words coming from a guy who came off the bench for CT. Bring the boys down to Shark Park and we will show you how the floor is wiped in Levittown.

Fatwing15

Juniors
I don't think any one who knows any thing about the competition in the USA thinks the RIR would wipe the floor with any teams in either league, although each game would be competitive.

I think the Sharks and RIR would be a great match up and is a reason why both leagues should want to come together. Get teams playing a balanced schedule. The RIR got handled by 4 good teams, and handled 3 bad teams. Pretty similar to the Sharks on paper. The Sharks played a tough game with NYK, and also got handled by them, same with their games against Conn. Split with a decent Raiders team, and handled a bad team.

With that said, Sharks by 30 in LEVITTOWN!

pennpool

Juniors
Typical of a USARL team to run its mouth and then not accept the game so as to back it up. Not the first and probably not the last to do this either.

Typical of a USARL team to run its mouth and then not accept the game so as to back it up. Not the first and probably not the last to do this either.

Your an absolute Muppet. i did not even see the post furthermore... One cant accept a game over a forum even in theory.

My email address is in my signature, and if anyone wants to attempt to coordinate a match, they may do so, I am not one that is hard to contact.

More importantly if history has shown anything, it is that the AMNRL teams do not want to have a go. I reached out last season when the 9s were in RI. I am sure Philly has done the same with the current 9s

Last edited:

Those are some pretty strong words coming from a guy who came off the bench for CT. Bring the boys down to Shark Park and we will show you how the floor is wiped in Levittown.

Only came off the bench in one or two games for CT. In those two games that i did come off the bench, i clocked about 70 minutes in those games.

There not strong words... Just facts.

(However I will concede the point that it is difficult not to play the majority of the game or a full game when your team only has about 15 guys on most game days)

Last edited:

Fatwing15

Juniors
Your an absolute Muppet. i did not even see the post furthermore... One cant accept a game over a forum even in theory.

My email address is in my signature, and if anyone wants to attempt to coordinate a match, they may do so, I am not one that is hard to contact.

More importantly if history has shown anything, it is that the AMNRL teams do not want to have a go. I reached out last season when the 9s were in RI. I am sure Philly has done the same with the current 9s

Most of the USARL teams didn't want to have a go in the tournament last year (hope it really rebounds this year). From what i heard USARL teams were contacted about a joint playoff/matches last summer, so maybe there is a group of teams avoiding cross comp matchups. I am really hoping the Sharks have a team in the tournament this year.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Philly Fight said on Twitter that the Sharks expressed interest, but couldn't commit to the 9s. Quite a shame really, since they're so close geographically.