What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Um... Is it just me?

Fatwing15

Juniors
Only came off the bench in one or two games for CT. In those two games that i did come off the bench, i clocked about 70 minutes in those games.

There not strong words... Just facts.

(However I will concede the point that it is difficult not to play the majority of the game or a full game when your team only has about 15 guys on most game days)

Do you still play for RIR or strictly take care of the administrative side? The Sharks had more than 20 at each game so I felt fortunate to log the playing time I did this season, and we didn't even scramble to find foreigners for the playoffs like some other teams did! lol.

Another quick question. Do you plan to meet with AMNRL members about bringing the leagues together? I'm sure you still have a lot of friends on the Cats that you'd love to compete against.

Fatwing15

Juniors
Philly Fight said on Twitter that the Sharks expressed interest, but couldn't commit to the 9s. Quite a shame really, since they're so close geographically.

The Sharks have been invited this year as well as last year. Last year it was a cost/travel issue... Not sure if we were invited to play the first year, but I know a bunch of guys went there and filled out some of the thinner rosters.

I am really hoping we are going to be able to play in it this year. I thought it would be great to get our younger guys in there to get a ton of great experience.

Most of the USARL teams didn't want to have a go in the tournament last year (hope it really rebounds this year). From what i heard USARL teams were contacted about a joint playoff/matches last summer, so maybe there is a group of teams avoiding cross comp matchups. I am really hoping the Sharks have a team in the tournament this year.

Dude... the only teams that couldnt commit were the New Haven Warrior's which union team was in the NE Union Comp that weekend... and the Blues...

We had Jax fly up for the tournament!

Do you still play for RIR or strictly take care of the administrative side? The Sharks had more than 20 at each game so I felt fortunate to log the playing time I did this season, and we didn't even scramble to find foreigners for the playoffs like some other teams did! lol.

Another quick question. Do you plan to meet with AMNRL members about bringing the leagues together? I'm sure you still have a lot of friends on the Cats that you'd love to compete against.

We got 30 plus players - I don't make any selections or take any direction with the team at training.. At training and at games I am strictly a teammate that one can tell me to go to hell in and its no dramas...

Last season I tried to sit out however... by the coaches and the players i was pushed to continue to play... not that I mind it... I love it.. however I tried to avoid conflict's of interest.. however my team knowing that thought that many times i severed the team best on the field on game day... so @ 27 that's where i will stay...

Fatwing15

Juniors
Dude... the only teams that couldnt commit were the New Haven Warrior's which union team was in the NE Union Comp that weekend... and the Blues...

What about DC and Onieda? Don't recall seeing them in the results. Don't recall hearing about your western affiliates, Utah and orange county, being there either. But hey, I wasn't there, just going off the usarl website.

pennpool

Juniors
What about DC and Onieda? Don't recall seeing them in the results. Don't recall hearing about your western affiliates, Utah and orange county, being there either. But hey, I wasn't there, just going off the usarl website.

The same three + guys from Orange county that played the first year may not have been able to fly into rhode island last year.

But let's not let the truth get on the way of a good story hey!

pennpool

Juniors

So with Baltimore, New Haven and seemingly Onieda and DC (according to form) not taking part it would seem that half the league didn't participate.

Look, we all appreciate what you are doing in RI we are all fighting the same fight on club level regardless of what heading we run under. Your doing a stand up job with the club. It's just boring how you make out everything is Rosie all the time with all things USARL.

Trust me, we know there are flaws in our league but that has always been part and parcel with the development of the game in America.

Last edited:

pennpool

Juniors
Philly Fight said on Twitter that the Sharks expressed interest, but couldn't commit to the 9s. Quite a shame really, since they're so close geographically.

It's pretty typical of the fight to use any info for publicity as we have found out on a few occasions.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Thats fine, but can the Sharks commit or not? The 9s is getting close. I wouldn't want to be waiting much longer for a response.
Just enter a team!

Fighter

Juniors
It's pretty typical of the fight to use any info for publicity as we have found out on a few occasions.

Penn we all use whatever we can to promote and draw attention to our team, grow the league and find more sponsors. It doesn't do anyone any good complaining about us trying to make the tournament bigger and better with teams from all over the world and country, we aren't the ones that can't field a team from 30 minutes away. It is your team leadership that won't commit, if you want to play so bad, talk them into it. And while your at it, why don't you put a signature on your posts. Maybe someone would take you seriously if they knew who you were.

Utah is not our affiliate they are with the AMNRL. Orange County is working on getting here, they are hoping to have an answer on committing by mid January, and it won't be with 3 guys, they are a little further along than they were 3 years ago.

Due to how many teams are currently interested, we might have to combine teams to make room. We don't want more than 10-12, otherwise we can't keep it to a one day tournament. DC and Balt would be together and Boston and Oneida would combine. RIR will field a team along with their under 23's. New Haven are still regrouping and concentrating on the regular season. Jax likely won't be able to do it because they just have too much burden traveling during the season as it is and funding is still tight for everyone.

Last edited:

pennpool

Juniors
Penn we all use whatever we can to promote and draw attention to our team, grow the league and find more sponsors. It doesn't do anyone any good complaining about us trying to make the tournament bigger and better with teams from all over the world and country, we aren't the ones that can't field a team from 30 minutes away. It is your team leadership that won't commit, if you want to play so bad, talk them into it. And while your at it, why don't you put a signature on your posts. Maybe someone would take you seriously if they knew who you were.

Utah is not our affiliate they are with the AMNRL. Orange County is working on getting here, they are hoping to have an answer on committing by mid January, and it won't be with 3 guys, they are a little further along than they were 3 years ago.

Due to how many teams are currently interested, we might have to combine teams to make room. We don't want more than 10-12, otherwise we can't keep it to a one day tournament. DC and Balt would be together and Boston and Oneida would combine. RIR will field a team along with their under 23's. New Haven are still regrouping and concentrating on the regular season. Jax likely won't be able to do it because they just have too much burden traveling during the season as it is and funding is still tight for everyone.

Team leadership? Really. Please share. I'm sure we would all like in incite on this.

Fighter

Juniors
Team leadership? Really. Please share. I'm sure we would all like in incite on this.

Well I would hope you would know who they are. The invitation is out there, and the reply I got was that you wouldn't be able to make it happen.

Here is the actual reply with the contacts name left out for you:
Wow! That is a really competitive slate. I did not know you guys were putting so much focus on international teams. It will be tough for me to commit at this time. But I will definitely be attending if not to just bring a few of the new guys to watch. Since we are such a short distance from you guys I will definitely be able to offer up some players to any teams that might need numbers. Just let me know.
Cheers

That is a pretty clear response to me, is that enough insight?

Last edited:

pennpool

Juniors
I would be surprised if that's the view of the board. That looks to be the thoughts of one singular person. One person doesn't run the Sharks.

Fatwing15

Juniors
Well I would hope you would know who they are. The invitation is out there, and the reply I got was that you wouldn't be able to make it happen.

Here is the actual reply with the contacts name left out for you:
Wow! That is a really competitive slate. I did not know you guys were putting so much focus on international teams. It will be tough for me to commit at this time. But I will definitely be attending if not to just bring a few of the new guys to watch. Since we are such a short distance from you guys I will definitely be able to offer up some players to any teams that might need numbers. Just let me know.
Cheers

That is a pretty clear response to me, is that enough insight?

Is registration now closed? If I remember correctly, we were told that we needed to commit and make a payment almost on the spot. That's tough to do for any team, especially before our first fundraiser. I am guessing that's where the "can't commit AT THIS TIME" came from. Also everyone on our team is under the impression that spots are still open and we might have time to find a sponsor/fund raise, is this incorrect? "Can't commit at this time" is not exactly saying we will not be entering a team. At least I hope we will be. So that email may be taken slightly out of context.

If history is any indication, we can probably just wait for a team to bail and take their spot, this is rugby league after all lol. However, I will ask around and see whats up.

100%green

Juniors
So obviously there are people from both sides on here.

There is one question I have. Has anyone spoken to the CEO's on both leagues and advised them of the harm this is doing to the game? Of the fan reaction on here? If so what are their responses?

Latest posts