What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Un-signable players

Bib said:
Who in their right mind would offer a contract to the following players

1. Brett Finch
2. Chris Walker
3. Owen Craige
4. John Hoppoate

These guys have some of the worst attitudes in the NRL

Read in the papers that after finch copped a flogging he'd been linked with Souths, but dead f**ken set according to the telecrap every player thats off contract, so old now.

JoeysWheelchair05 said:
Nah, we don't want Walker, definitely not. Bott is good enough until the end of the Rugby Union world cup in 2007....

Bott IMO is far and away the worse winger in the NRL, his sh*thouse.

Raider_69

Post Whore
hybrid_tiger said:
Absolutely correct.

Carney is just crap. But if we believe most Raiders fans on this board, he would have taken out the Young Player of the Year award.

I listened to all the hype and so I have watched him a fair few times with a keen eye. To say I was dissapointed would be a severe understatement.

Glad some of you aren't talent scouts.

Obviously didnt watch the Parra game, nor the first half of the Tigers game :)
He hasnt played to potential but he has shown glimspse of what he his capable of, he is still very young and raw and im confident that at his current rate of improvement he will be a fine player :)
He and Zillman will make a sublime combination for us in the coming years. And if one should not fullfil potential Michael Dobson and Marc Herbert are around and about too, both have showed promising signs in lower grades (particually Herbert)

BTW i think you'll find Campo is being moulded into a lock for the future, as a possible replacement for Toots.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
That was a bad move, but at least the Eels had the guts to piss him off, the Raiders won't do the same with Carney.

Also you must remember you've got a convential half back playing in a team that dont have any idea on how to attack, how to hit holes etc, thats makes Carneys job 10x harder, put him in a Stuart, Sheens, Bennett etc coached team and he'd rack up try assists... hell jason smith at times struggles to set us up for a try!

If he doesnt come good, you better believe we will, we got too much halves talent coming through to piss about with someone if they arnt gonna fullfil potential. Im confident that if we do the right thing and send Elliot packing it wont come to that

Raider_69

Post Whore
But anyways back onto the topic at hand

I would think Tyran Smith would be impossible for a manager to get a contract for

Smartman

Juniors
Dane Carlaw - geez hes soft. A cat if ever there was one.

Saying this because hes got alot of talent and no heart.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
Hall is the worst winger in the NRL by a long stretch.

PLEASE!
That must be a g-up, surely. Either that or you havnt seen Matt Gafa, granted, hall runs a close 2nd but Gafa is the god of worst wingers!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
kia ora storm said:
Rob Tanielu

Tanielu looked like a good prospect when he came through at the Broncos, what happened?

I'd also throw Clinton Toopi into the mix but the gguy does have enough obvious natural talent that a hard-up club would still sign him and take the risk.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Obviously didnt watch the Parra game, nor the first half of the Tigers game :)

If that's the best he's got, then the Raiders have VERY dark times ahead.

Raider_69 said:
Also you must remember you've got a convential half back playing in a team that dont have any idea on how to attack, how to hit holes etc, thats makes Carneys job 10x harder, put him in a Stuart, Sheens, Bennett etc coached team and he'd rack up try assists... hell jason smith at times struggles to set us up for a try!

You read like a book mate :lol: That excuse doesn't wash with anyone and you should stop trying to convince people. Carney can't play first grade footy whether you want to believe it or not. He was blooded too early and not given a chance for an entire season in first grade in one position. The coaching staff have ruined whatever chance he had of being a success.

Raider_69 said:
If he doesnt come good, you better believe we will, we got too much halves talent coming through to piss about with someone if they arnt gonna fullfil potential. Im confident that if we do the right thing and send Elliot packing it wont come to that

The Raiders have produced extremely promising youngsters McLinden, Finch, Carney, Campese and all 4 either did/have done nothing and have become duds, McLinden especially should have gone further. Your track record isn't too flash mate, I hope for the sake of the game the Raiders don't keep it up with the rest of their young players coming through.

legend

Coach
Granted I'm a Raiders fan but I honestly thought Carney was improving by seasons end and looks to be a much better running half than organising half. In games against the Tigers, Eels and Manly, he ran the ball better than his opposite number but inexperience cost us a few tries and hopefully he'll learn from this.

He's no superstar yet but I think he does have potential and to put his efforts into context, he was playing in a sh*t side and was not overawed by arguably the two hottest youngster in the game in Tim Smith and Benji Marhsall. He more than held his own but when you have a weak forward pack and a useless coach, there is only so much you can do.

Kris Kahler would have to be un-signable. In the Carlaw mould except has none of the ability and is the only forward going around who looks like a winger. Useless turd!

sydraider

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
The Raiders have produced extremely promising youngsters McLinden, Finch, Carney, Campese and all 4 either did/have done nothing and have become duds, McLinden especially should have gone further. Your track record isn't too flash mate, I hope for the sake of the game the Raiders don't keep it up with the rest of their young players coming through.

How many halfbacks/five eights have you guys been through between the periods of Tim smith and Sterling? How many of those in between have won you guys premierships??
Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me ;-)

I still would nopt write off carney or campese for that matter, give carney a full season in first grade, then we shall see what he is made of.
Just remember parra fans, Anasta killed it in his rookie season as well, damn that second year syndrome huh ;-)

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
sydraider said:
How many halfbacks/five eights have you guys been through between the periods of Tim smith and Sterling? How many of those in between have won you guys premierships??
Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me ;-)

I still would nopt write off carney or campese for that matter, give carney a full season in first grade, then we shall see what he is made of.
Just remember parra fans, Anasta killed it in his rookie season as well, damn that second year syndrome huh ;-)

Yeah but none of the halfbacks we went through were the most promising in their position, the Raiders have had more than enough chances with promising young halfbacks to know that they simply cannot train them to live up to their potential. Carney will never be anything, he's too scared to be. You Raiders really overrated him at the start of the year and now it's biting you in the rear.

And for the record, Anasta made his debut in 2000, killed it in 2001 and 2002, dropped off for a couple of years and is now playing well again.