What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underacheivers in rugby league

ethan tremblay

Juniors
make a team of 17 of the players that we thought had all the talent in the world but didn't live up too expectations

1.ewan Mcgrady
2.chris walker
3.karl filiga
4.ryan williamson
5.eric grothe jr
6.julian o'neil
7.brett firmann
8.aaron cannings
9.phil clarke
10.richard villasanti
11.alan cann
12.mark geyer
13.Olsen Filipaina (c)

14.leo dynover
15.sione faumuina
16.craig trindall
17.owen craigie
18. scott wilson

coach wally lewis
H/T entertainment Billy idol
should be interesting i found it hard but i'll keep thinking.

Last edited:

bluey

Bench
You can take Mortimer out he is still young and playing.
Grothe done pretty good also so should not be there IMO

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm going to forward one of my favourite players, who made origin and even SL Australia, but had enough talent to have been much much greater than that.

Julian O'Neil.

Could have been so much more than he was. Just oozed talent. He should have had a career with similar limelight to superstars Daley and Fittler.

Shoulda woulda coulda.

Ryan Williamson. An incredibly overhyped Bush footy player who walked around the club in the NYC acting like he was Reg Gasnier but played like Ritchie Williams. Went to the cowboys, got cut and hasn't been heard of again.

In terms of hype I can't remember a more overhyped player in recent times and struggling in the under 20's of all places.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Oh and the most obvious of all.

Ewan McGrady, put him at fullback. Although he did win a Rothman's medal and played at beyond expected levels, after his initial success he just didn't want to play in the city it would seem.

And maybe even Andrew Walkabout Walker on the bench.. Though he may get dropped.

Last edited:

ethan tremblay

Juniors
nick kosef? if he didn't get injured as much as he did imagine how much better he would of been he is not a certain for this but would like to get everyone's thought on him

Aragorn

First Grade
Bollocks, not everyone is 189cm and 100kgs can run the wind.

Lots of those blokes overachieve. Asshole.

Bukllocks, not everyone needs to be 189cm, 100kg and can run like the wind.

Lots of blokes underachieve Asswipe.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
nick kosef? if he didn't get injured as much as he did imagine how much better he would of been he is not a certain for this but would like to get everyone's thought on him

If you include the regularly injured guys like Kosef, then you include people like Backo and Ikin. Tis not fair to call an injury plagued career as underachieving imo.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Might sound strange but Brett Mullins.

Sure he achieved a lot and is remembered as one of the best fullbacks "in his prime", but had he played to his potential for his entire career instead of just 2-3 seasons he'd be an immortal

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Might sound strange but Brett Mullins.

Sure he achieved a lot and is remembered as one of the best fullbacks "in his prime", but had he played to his potential for his entire career instead of just 2-3 seasons he'd be an immortal

Nah Mullins over achieved in 94. He was always going to lose that rapid acceleration over time that made him dangerous. Peak in 94, and went down steadily from there.

Last edited:
Mullins retired in 02 you idiot

Edit

Luke Towers belongs on the list for the Roosters. The next saviour, Clive Churchill reincarnated now playing in France or some shit :lol:

Wouldn't put him in this list because I doubt hardly anyone has heard of him

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bukllocks, not everyone needs to be 189cm, 100kg and can run like the wind.

Lots of blokes underachieve Asswipe.

And you say an entire grade.......entire grade...

Anyways logic alone shows you are simple....entire grade..hahahaha.