What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underacheivers in rugby league

ANTiLAG

First Grade
never heard of him he isn't even on google wow that is underacheiving at it's best

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Wilson_(rugby_league_born_1970)

Was a NSW rep even after Testing positive numerous times for cocaine.

Wrecked his career.

And he tested positive to cocaine a 2nd time while he was at Norths as well. Plus a string of off-field related incidents. He had supurb talent but was a moron.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=1814862&postcount=40

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Obviously Mark Geyer. In late 1990 and all throughout 1991 he was unstoppable. Then after Benny died, he turned to crap for a decade.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Brett Firmann lol. Rookie of they year in his first season, injured for most the next and it all just went downhill from there.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Heh - I just read a post that I think should be counted!

Billy Idols grand final performance. Total underachievement!

Maybe he can be the official mascot.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
Paul Mares at Parra, could have been anything bar injury. Unfair to call it under achieving as it was not his fault.

Scott wilson was going to be the next big thing at Souths. The drug scandall in 1990? pretty well was the beginning of the end for Scott, I think he never regained his confidence.

Steve Mavin, Killed it in the juniors because he was so big for his age. they called him the next Mal Meninga talk about the kiss of death right there.

Even though Ian Roberts played for Australia and excelled, he basically played on one leg for the majority of his career. He had great speed for a Prop pre those injuries. There was a game against the dogs in the first year he played 1st grade, he busted the line about 60m out. If it was not for the fact the fullback was there in defence not one bulldogs player would have caught him.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You can not for one second say that Ian Roberts underachieved. Injuries or not. He had a stellar career.

ethan tremblay

Juniors
Paul Mares at Parra, could have been anything bar injury. Unfair to call it under achieving as it was not his fault.

Scott wilson was going to be the next big thing at Souths. The drug scandall in 1990? pretty well was the beginning of the end for Scott, I think he never regained his confidence.

Steve Mavin, Killed it in the juniors because he was so big for his age. they called him the next Mal Meninga talk about the kiss of death right there.

Even though Ian Roberts played for Australia and excelled, he basically played on one leg for the majority of his career. He had great speed for a Prop pre those injuries. There was a game against the dogs in the first year he played 1st grade, he busted the line about 60m out. If it was not for the fact the fullback was there in defence not one bulldogs player would have caught him.

what position did mavin play? i think we came too the conclusion that it's a bit unfair to class injury prone players as underacheivers

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I don't think Vaeliki deserves to be on this list. He just wasn't that good. Nor did anyone expect him to be the next Meninga, Fittler, Mary, Hill, or even Lyon.

Latest posts