What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrate the Raiders at your peril

Raider Azz

Bench
Rabbitohs2005 said:
The Bunnies Premier league team would give the raiders a run for their money
my god... you actually are that stupid. do yourself a favour and just stop posting.

Mal Meninga

Bench
The Raiders premier league team would give the Raiders first grade team a run for their money.

But Bunnies fans talking it up... Go home.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Someone said it earlier:

Blind faith in one's club is cute, especially the sh*t ones... :lol:

Raider_Azz said:
like i said, you're the one that didn't even know what year it was, so im afraid what little credibilty you had on this topic is long gone.

im not trying to be funny because the fact is, it wasn't in the same ballpark as the warriors and bulldogs. by your logic, the roosters are lucky the warriors weren't handed the title in 2002.

Like that diminishes the fact that the Raiders cheated - BADLY...And got caught? 1990 or 94 - it matters not ONE bit! There was a cap in place - and the Raiders admin went out of their way to circumvent that - and the fact is still - that had the breach been discovered earlier - you would not have been allowed to win that comp.

These are the only facts that we need remember here!...The rest is just petty details.

And I never said you were TRYING to be funny - just that you are funny. See the difference there?..Laughing at you - not with you! ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bring Back the Spliff said:
Like that diminishes the fact that the Raiders cheated - BADLY...And got caught? 1990 or 94 - it matters not ONE bit! There was a cap in place - and the Raiders admin went out of their way to circumvent that - and the fact is still - that had the breach been discovered earlier - you would not have been allowed to win that comp.

These are the only facts that we need remember here!...The rest is just petty details.

And I never said you were TRYING to be funny - just that you are funny. See the difference there?..Laughing at you - not with you! ;-)

your a dolt
those arnt near to the facts
the reason we went over was because of incentive based contract, unless the raiders HQ have a crystal ball and can see into the future its absurd to claim they went "out of their way to circumvent" the cap, and we avoided any major issues by releasing several high profile player, hence we were over by approx 70-80k... that's not even 10% of what the warriors and bulldogs were over by and they were systematic, deliberate rorts.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canberra in the 90's = broke the rules
Bulldogs '02 = broke the rules
Warriors '04-'05 = broke the rules

That's all there is to it.

skeepe

Immortal
The ARL Chairman of the time's comments still stand - and ring as LOUD in my mind now, as they did then - whether 1990 - 1994 or 1932 - WHENEVER it was - and that is - that these breaches from a CLEARLY CHEATING team had been discovered 'in time' by the governing body - then that Premiership would have been VOIDED!

But don't take all this 'mere logic' personally mate - I like you - You're funny! :)

It would do you well to remember that Arthurson's comments were part of a bitter rant after the Raiders agreed to join Superleague.

The oversight was discovered at the time, and the Raiders were forced to shed players and pay the money back.

Raider_69

Post Whore
dodge said:

if you want to take on such a stupid black and white veiw on things, then so do at least 5 others clubs PER YEAR... canberra infact being one of the better behaved clubs in regards to the cap...

Raider_69 said:
your a dolt
those arnt near to the facts
the reason we went over was because of incentive based contract, unless the raiders HQ have a crystal ball and can see into the future its absurd to claim they went "out of their way to circumvent" the cap, and we avoided any major issues by releasing several high profile player, hence we were over by approx 70-80k... that's not even 10% of what the warriors and bulldogs were over by and they were systematic, deliberate rorts.

Source these figures you are pulling out of the ether, please!

And Arthurson's comments were not made during Superleague - some 6 years hence! They were made approximately 12 MONTHS after the event - when you were actually caught out!

And yes - the Canberra officials are not dumb enough to put 2 and 2 together to make 11. They KNEW that if they won the comp - with the internationals thay had stacked their ranks with - that this would bunt them over the cap. Hence - it was a calculated risk on their part - and fully premeditated. Pretty clever way to go about it though - If they DIDN'T win the comp - they were off the hook...and if they did - then hell - just cop a fine and hope to move on!

Oh, and - Canberra shed NO-ONE of any real note until Superleague when the likes of Mullins, Stuart, Clyde etc had to go.

It is merely very creative accounting.

Raider_69

Post Whore
your a dunce, pure and simple, you dont have a single clue, the following line is an example of that:

Oh, and - Canberra shed NO-ONE of any real note until Superleague when the likes of Mullins, Stuart, Clyde etc had to go. ...

and with that post i no longer feel the need to waste anymore time with you.

Raider_69 said:
your a dunce, pure and simple, you dont have a single clue, the following line is an example of that:

Oh, and - Canberra shed NO-ONE of any real note until Superleague when the likes of Mullins, Stuart, Clyde etc had to go. ...

and with that post i no longer feel the need to waste anymore time with you.

You've been asked once to provide your sources....and now you decide to run away? Ahhh you're all class! :lol:

'Waste any time with me?' LOOK how many posts youve made! That's outrageous!! Do you ever log off? :shock:

These questions should be SIMPLE for you to answer, if you are a Raiders fan - show me the source of your figures - and tell me who Canberra lost in 1991/2.

Put up or shut up! ;-)

Raider Azz

Bench
You've been asked once to provide your sources....and now you decide to run away? Ahhh you're all class! :lol:

'Waste any time with me?' LOOK how many posts youve made! That's outrageous!! Do you ever log off? :shock:

These questions should be SIMPLE for you to answer, if you are a Raiders fan - show me the source of your figures - and tell me who Canberra lost in 1991/2.

Put up or shut up! ;-)
LOL! you've only been here 11 days and have already racked up 152 posts!

practice what you preach.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
dodge said:

more luke Bulldogs '02-'06 an beyond.

Raiders Plight

Juniors

Put up or shut up! ;-)

Glenn Lazarus, brent todd, paul martin, mark bell plus others

Theres 2 internationals and 2 handy wingers

Lazzo fair enough. Brent Todd - wouldn't have been in the top earners bracket. Wouldn't give u 5 bucks each for Bell or Martin. And I'll even spot you one - Peter Jackson may have left around this time for Norths...??

But - who did they pick UP at this time?

According to my records - your first grade squad in 1991 included: Belcher, Clyde, Daley, Lazarus, Meninga, Mullins, Stuart and Walters - That's EIGHT (Current at the time) internationals!

You do the sums...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Barnhill was also forced to leave due the cap issues
all in all between Lazzo, Barnhill, Todd and a few fringe FGers we brought ourselves back into line with the cap. We gained only Rubin Wiki, Quinten Pongia, Noa Nadrunku and David Westly, all whom were absolute no bodies and were picked up in NZ and PNG provincial comps respectively, signed for peanuts

as for a source on the amount, there was a thread not long ago with a source, i know it to be true so i have no desire to track it down, you want to educate yourself, use the search function

Latest posts