What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrate the Raiders at your peril

The Colonel

Immortal
I'm just wondering who you're out to convince?

You have some good players but getting rid of Gafa, Bulgarelli and Tyran Smith doesn't make you a top eight side.

The same argument has been dragged out since Daley retired.

Juniors
gotta feel for the poor raiders fans such as 69, they promise and swear next year is the year year after year yet as they stumble out of the competiton each year in round 26 they are even more optimistic bout the next year, i guess they should be, its not hard to improve on piss poor, cant hold it against them but, everyones optimistic about their teams chances, its just ironic that the team with the least chance have the biggest mouths, keep dreamin boys, top 8 should be like a premiership to you nuffies.

Mal Meninga

Bench
CARN THE f**kIN RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Best juniors in the comp, only time will tell when they actually start developing from average first graders to stars..my prediction is when matt elliot is gone.

raidersforme

Juniors
1999 said:
gotta feel for the poor raiders fans such as 69, they promise and swear next year is the year year after year yet as they stumble out of the competiton each year in round 26 they are even more optimistic bout the next year, i guess they should be, its not hard to improve on piss poor, cant hold it against them but, everyones optimistic about their teams chances, its just ironic that the team with the least chance have the biggest mouths, keep dreamin boys, top 8 should be like a premiership to you nuffies.

We are and will always be a powerhouse of talent recruitment and development of NRL
we don't try to cheat to win we play fair and square

our biggest problem is our coach and good riddens

the last four years where to be rebuilding years with past and future palyers moving on but coach won't let them play

i am sure that i am not the only raider supporter feeling this

we will have more dominance this year because the youngster's are finally getting what was due a long time ago

elliott leaving and board having more say to get it going or give it up elliott will push more youngster's this year to save face of not being sacked

we are full to the brims of talent waiting to get onto the field and be the next sonny or johns or not the only way is for them to try

what i really hate is how so many are so pesimistic when a real ball has not been played who know's what injuries or suspension are going to happen

and the raiders over the last two years have had plenty of injuries just like other teams at one point last year we had a starting team injuired but hey we dust ourselves off and keep going

ALL i can say is don't write ANY team off so soon espcially the raiders with a dream run which has happened to all premiers really they can win

Regards

DJ1

Juniors
Can't I have just a little bit of peril?

No! It's much too perilous!

I bet you're gay!

Raiders = slightly underrated. Agreed.

But they'll be doing well to make the 8...Premiers?? - mate, I'll walk from Sydney to Canberra naked perambulating only using my butt-cheeks if Canberra achieve that in First Grade this season!!!

And YES - you can QUOTE me on that as widely as you see fit! :lol:

edabomb

First Grade
azza said:
f**k Raiders fans are idiots.

PS I am a raiders fan

Word.

Why even bother starting this thread? If they're underrated it'll show on the paddock, if they aren't you end up looking like an idiot.

PS> I'm not confident in our ability to crack the top 10 this season.

raidersforme said:
We are and will always be a powerhouse of talent recruitment and development of NRL
we don't try to cheat to win we play fair and square

Oh, for sure!!...Wellllll - except for the time you were busted cheating the cap in 1994, I believe it was - Not at all long after the inception of the concept in fact!...Cheating it THAT badly in fact, the ARL Chairman's (Was it Arthurson??) quote at the time was something along the lines of: "We would have stripped the Raiders of their title, such was the seriousness off this breach - had we discovered it earlier". Raiders were just lucky it took a full 12 months for the ARl to catch up with them...A LOT of people either don't know - or totally forget about this fact!

The power of the media.

Look - You can say a LOT of things about your team...but don't even PRETEND you're the 'Good guys' of the ARL/NRL...FFS - Mate, if anything - you Canberra are the ORIGINAL Salary-Cap cheats!...You invented it!...Bloody 3/4 of the NSW/Australian teams in your playing ranks in the late 80's/early 90's!...Yah...Just who are you trying to kid???? Come on! :lol:

Raider Ultra

Bench
Don't worry, I love being written off. It's the same with the players, ask any of them. They are pissed off they have been written off and are looking to ram the words down the journos throats! WE ARE BACK, WE ARE BACK!

f**k the people that underrate us, if we are gonna disprove them and their opinions the only place thats going to happen is on the field.

That being said, what sort of fan would I be if I wasnt confident of my team making the top 8 and wasnt optimistic of us winning the whole thing?

Skeepe said:
Simon Woolford is the second-best rake in the game behind Luke Priddis
Briza said:
Sorry you lost me there :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Farkenell! I stopped reading & must have missed this pearl!...What - did Danny Buderus, Craig Wing, Robbie Farah, Dean Young, Mark Riddell, Cam Smith and Aaron Payne die in some horrible accident in the off-season that I didn't hear about, did they????

Oh my!
:lol:

KevinArnold

Juniors
Awwwww that brought a tear to me eye.....

Tears of laughter at this comment: "Carney and Zillman are the future Australian halves pairing"

KevinArnold said:
Awwwww that brought a tear to me eye.....

Tears of laughter at this comment: "Carney and Zillman are the future
Australian halves pairing"

Give them time in first grade, Carney has 8 games to his name at this point and zillman hasnt even played first grade yet, and half of you commenting on them probably havent even seen them play very much at all.

Did Benji Marshall make the kiwi side overnight? No
Did Trent Barrett make the australian side straight away? No
Did Brett Kimmorley make a rep team straight away? No

Latest posts