What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrate the Raiders at your peril

Kiwi

First Grade
VictorTheViking said:
Do you really think that those of us who have been around long enough to spot a decent player would put such raps on him if he didnt have the talent to do it? Idiot......

Even as much as I hate the guy, Andrew Johns seems to think Carney has the goods to go a long way.

Carney has been the next big thing for a few years now, when is he going to deliver? I remember the wraps given to the likes of Campese who has also done squat. weyman has been wrapped for a while now too, when is he gonna become the best front rower in the comp like you guys keep telling us?

Edwahu

Bench
Kiwi said:
Carney has been the next big thing for a few years now, when is he going to deliver? I remember the wraps given to the likes of Campese who has also done squat. weyman has been wrapped for a while now too, when is he gonna become the best front rower in the comp like you guys keep telling us?

When he can string more then two games in a row together. Cant blame us for hyping Weyman, only a blind man wouldnt see his abillity.

VictorTheViking said:
Actually Mullins wasnt an international in 91

Ok - SEVEN then!

Here is a direct quote from the 1991 RL YEarbook:

"Canberra were a club in crisis in 1991. Discredited through mal-administration, the Raiders were under siege from all quarters as they mounted thgeir bid for a third successive Premiership.
Disclosures that the club had breached the salary cap in 1990 AND 1991 (i.e. - funnily enough - SMACK in the middle of their Golden-Premisership years! HMMMMMM!) assured the year would be a controversial one for Tim Sheens' men."

Oh yes! These sound like very inconsequential breaches indeed, don't they? "It's nothing!" he says... :roll:

The term 'One-eyed' doesn't even begin to cover you Raider69! What's more you appear to have a cataract in that one eye the size of France...

Kiwi

First Grade
Edwahu said:
When he can string more then two games in a row together. Cant blame us for hyping Weyman, only a blind man wouldnt see his abillity.

every player has "ability", otherwise they wouldn't be there now would they?

Personally I think Sam Thaiday has more ability and potential than Weyman, but you don't see me on here talking like the guys gods gift to front rowers.

Edwahu

Bench
Bring Back the Spliff said:
Ok - SEVEN then!

Here is a direct quote from the 1991 RL YEarbook:

"Canberra were a club in crisis in 1991. Discredited through mal-administration, the Raiders were under siege from all quarters as they mounted thgeir bid for a third successive Premiership.
Disclosures that the club had breached the salary cap in 1990 AND 1991 (i.e. - funnily enough - SMACK in the middle of their Golden-Premisership years! HMMMMMM!) assured the year would be a controversial one for Tim Sheens' men."

Oh yes! These sound like very inconsequential breaches indeed, don't they? "It's nothing!" he says... :roll:

The term 'One-eyed' doesn't even begin to cover you Raider69! What's more you appear to have a cataract in that one eye the size of France...

How many of those players did the Raiders sign from inside their own compeition? bit different from the Bulldogs. Meninga was the only player of note they signed.

Edwahu

Bench
Kiwi said:
every player has "ability", otherwise they wouldn't be there now would they?

Personally I think Sam Thaiday has more ability and potential than Weyman, but you don't see me on here talking like the guys gods gift to front rowers.
You might be right and he may be better, although I disagree. Why you having no wish to express enthusiasm for a player in your own side stands as a condemnation of the rest of us doing it I dont understand though.

Kiwi

First Grade
Edwahu said:
You might be right and he may be better, although I disagree. Why you having no wish to express enthusiasm for a player in your own side stands as a condemnation of the rest of us doing it I dont understand though.

I am more than happy to talk about Sam Thaiday, and Bronco juniors coming through, but unlike some I choose not the use the terms "future rep written all over him", "the next *insert great here*" ect for every player that shows more than just a little promise at my club.

Kiwi

First Grade
VictorTheViking said:
Funnily enough Kiwi, who is it that continues to bring up the fact that we said these things about our players?

Yeah cause I started this topic didn't i:roll:

No you didn't but that wasnt the point, what I was trying to say is that every time a raiders fan mentions michael weyman or todd carney everyone else jumps in and has their say with all the "they will amount to nothing" bullsh*t

Kiwi

First Grade
VictorTheViking said:
No you didn't but that wasnt the point, what I was trying to say is that every time a raiders fan mentions michael weyman or todd carney everyone else jumps in and has their say with all the "they will amount to nothing" bullsh*t

well maybe we are sick of hearing it, it does get old, when they have made it, then brag, it seems like Raider Fans suffer from premature ejaculation when it comes to their PL players.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Do another 1 of these threads staritng on monday, it's good luck.

anyone wanna take their comments back of todd carney before they have an egg omelete on their face?

Latest posts