What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrated Music & Artists

Forum Idiot

Bench
fat_mike said:
the lawrence arms. great 3 piece. signed to fat wreck chords which is the biggest indie punk label in the world. incrddibly mellow and thoughtful. recentlytoured with anti flag and were equally as brilliant as anti flag. a no nonesense lets get on with the great music live band.
i own Guided Tour of Chicago, Apathy and Exhaustion, Greatest Story Ever Told and Ghost Stories. great band.

Forum Idiot

Bench
Alex28 said:
I got the Snow Patrol DVD the other day and thought to myself "damn...these guys are so underrated..." I know they got some airplay with Run but there are so many better tracks on the album "Final Straw" than Run and deserved to be out there and played to the masses...

So...here is a question...what/who is your favourite artist that doesn't get the love they deserve from the masses?

I have a few (besides Snow Patrol):

* The Arcade Fire - but not for long because their album could very well be huge (the album is called 'Funeral' and is bloody brilliant);
* Doves - darker and better than Coldplay but doesn't write painful love songs;
* Elliott Smith - he's dead now, but this guy wrote the most beautiful lyrics. It's a shame the masses don't give a toss what their music is saying, more how it sounds...

all those bands need/needed more attention. maybe elliot smith will get it now that hes dead ala jeff buckley.
snow patrol should definately get a shit-load more attention because "spitting games" is the sweetest song ever. it fills me with a warm nostalgic feeling. "i broke into your house last night and left a note at your bedside. im far too shy to speak to you at school.". i love that lyric. it reminds me of highschool.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
snow patrol should definately get a sh*t-load more attention because "spitting games" is the sweetest song ever. it fills me with a warm nostalgic feeling.

:lol: :lol:

Brought a tear to my eye, Karen Carpenter FI :lol: she does it for me :lol:

Their over-rated and i haven't even heard of them before :lol:

FI come over one day and i'll show you my new Jackson guitar, plus i need you to set up my computer, i couldn't be f**ked doing it. :lol:

Forum Idiot

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
snow patrol should definately get a sh*t-load more attention because "spitting games" is the sweetest song ever. it fills me with a warm nostalgic feeling.

:lol: :lol:

Brought a tear to my eye, Karen Carpenter FI :lol: she does it for me :lol:

Their over-rated and i haven't even heard of them before :lol:

FI come over one day and i'll show you my new Jackson guitar, plus i need you to set up my computer, i couldn't be f***ed doing it. :lol:
you cynical bitch. laughing at me when i decide to show my softer side. speaking of guitars, ron i need you to show me how to play mine.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
For starters you'll need some decent music books, my suggestion is to burn that Australian crap like You am i & Jet guitar books and replace them with Van halen and whitesnake!!

Forum Idiot

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
For starters you'll need some decent music books, my suggestion is to burn that Australian crap like You am i & Jet guitar books and replace them with Van halen and whitesnake!!
:lol: you are a deadset wanker :arrow:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i'm just helping you, if you want to learn to play good music you have to learn it from the best....and Australian crap is third rate :arrow:

Kakihara

Juniors
Bad Brains
Fugazi

Bad Brains influenced a shit load of bands from the Minor Threat to Rage against the Machine and the Beastie Boys.

Fugazi pretty much created Emo and Post Punk.

fat_mike

Juniors
bad brains are brillaint. was watching loco on channel V last night and rise by the bad barins lads come on and my god was is it good. i can see how these boys would have influenced rage against the machine. drummer is a gun and the guitar work is chunky fast and great to listen to.

one band i havent mentioned yet and i think is very much under rated is rise against. these guys are in myopinion the best punk band in the world at the moment. tim's voice is bloody infectious and how he can go from a growl to scream to a bit of melody is awesome. the guitar riffs are for the most part brutal and heavy. revolutions is one the best modern day punk albums and i think rise against should be one of the bigger4 bands in music today. live shows would definetly back up my claim.

Forum Idiot

Bench
rise against are pretty awesome. i own revolutions per minute, unraveling and siren song of the counter culture.
another similar band that deserve more attention is strike anywhere. they are like rise against but twice as good.

fat_mike

Juniors
strike anywhere are playing this friday at the manning bar at the sydney uni. cant freaking wait. get the new drum meadi mag this week and there is an interview with the guitarist from strike anywhere. these guys are so freaking good as a band and yet they have to make ends meat by working normal jobs in supermarkets and removalists jobs. they should be selling tonnes of records and touring the world many time over.

exit english is a brilliant album and theose guys are gonna be sick at the manning bar. playing with the gun kiwi band sommerset and aussie hardcore act away from now. oerfect way to spend a friday night.

fat_mike said:
strike anywhere are playing this friday at the manning bar at the sydney uni. cant freaking wait. get the new drum meadi mag this week and there is an interview with the guitarist from strike anywhere. these guys are so freaking good as a band and yet they have to make ends meat by working normal jobs in supermarkets and removalists jobs. they should be selling tonnes of records and touring the world many time over.

exit english is a brilliant album and theose guys are gonna be sick at the manning bar. playing with the gun kiwi band sommerset and aussie hardcore act away from now. oerfect way to spend a friday night.
away from now are an awesome band. last time i heard they were working on a full length. i havent checked in a while but it was supposed to be out around now. exit english is one of my favourite albums. infrared and blaze are two amazing songs.

fat_mike

Juniors
not to sure what away from now are doing but they were awesome at the rise against annandale show. darren from the band post regular updats on the punkhardcore boards so info would probably be found there.

infra and blaze are quality big time. love to the world also. such a great sound from the lads and i'm sure they'll be brilliant live. actually thinking about heading down to canberra next week to check them out again supoporting the mighty strung out who i'm seeing on the 8th aswell. big week coming for me :D

Kakihara

Juniors
Strike Anywhere do a pretty good cover of one of my favourite Gorilla Biscuits songs on their new album.

Bazal

Post Whore
Snow Patrol are a great band..."An Olive Grove Facing the Sea" is an amzing song...I reckon Gyroscope and After the Fall are pretty underrated bands.