What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unhappy

txta2

Bench
I just don't get why Chad attempts pressure when the opposition are on the ropes. Puts in a shit kick, throws the ball to the wrong player etc
Clunk us his middle name if the game plan isn't working.
If they aren't set deep he needs to get out of the way because the team has 2 of the best play makers in the game. Him putting in a dumby or 2 then passing just slows the play down and the defence has easy reads

Craigshark

First Grade
Johnson needs to be given control of the team. It looks like Townsend has way too much say at the moment and Johnson looks frustrated at times because of it. If he wants the ball he should get it. Especially when all Chad will do is turn it back inside to a forward or run sideways.

MilkShark

First Grade
Well said.
And actually they are worse errors because they kill attack and therefore points and also give the opposition a 7 tackle set.

Being outplayed by so many rookie halves this season you’d think he’d pick up his act. But Teflon Townsend still plods around in 1st gear.
Some people here just dont understand that though

Card Shark

Immortal
Some people here just dont understand that though

Some is more than 1. Not sure that there are more than 1 at the moment.

I’m a chad fan but what he has dished up recently is simply not good enough!

He needs to simply his game. If he’s going to run, he runs straight only. Otherwise, shovel the ball out asap.

It’s all part of Flanno Ball tactics...make every metre ya can & don’t run sideways or backwards to waste the seconds to get those metres.

I was ropable with Moylan mid first half when he gets a long kick on our 30m (after we forced them to kick from deep in their own half).

He picks it up, runs sideways 10m to pass to Feki who makes 10m before being smashed. If Moylan runs it straight up, we are into their half & straight back on the attack, with forward momentum.

Then he compounds the error by picking it up from dummy half, running sideways & getting smashed. Momentum (& 30m) lost!

MilkShark

First Grade

He needs to simply his game. If he’s going to run, he runs straight only. Otherwise, shovel the ball out asap.

It’s all part of Flanno Ball tactics...make every metre ya can & don’t run sideways or backwards to waste the seconds to get those metres.

I was ropable with Moylan mid first half when he gets a long kick on our 30m (after we forced them to kick from deep in their own half).

He picks it up, runs sideways 10m to pass to Feki who makes 10m before being smashed. If Moylan runs it straight up, we are into their half & straight back on the attack, with forward momentum.

Then he compounds the error by picking it up from dummy half, running sideways & getting smashed. Momentum (& 30m) lost!
Exactly, which is why there are people in here with very differing perceptions on how players perform each game.

SharkShocked

Bench

I had a good chuckle at that play... he clearly didn't want to run the ball back and motioned to Feki to take it before he had even picked it up... then NO ONE was back in time for the second run to help out so he was forced to take it.

I did have a good little laugh.

Card Shark

Immortal
He could have ran it up, made 15m & then diverted sideways a bit to avoid direct contact & getting smashed.

Still would’ve made half way.

Maybe the lack of confidence from his head knock or hammy means he doesn’t want the contact.

He started the game really strong but as usual, goes missing.

Even with his f**kup for the try, he needs to try & make amends but he goes deeper in his shell.

Best attitude is to make up for it. Credit to Dugan who makes regular f**k ups but always tries his hardest to make up for it.