What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unity

Hellsy

Immortal
Hey Mark, another good idea but one that is going to be frought with some trepidation from alot of us!

I love sitting where I sit in the Cronin stand and I am not moving. Reasons being that I have a group of people around me that I love sitting with.
Away games are another thing altogether though, this is where we need to come together the most when we go into enemy territory!!!! and I am all for that.
However; sightseeing buses to away games not a good idea.. I think making our own way would be better. I do not want to see the sights on the way to a game. Also alot of people have time constraints etc..

HJ - No offence man, but your mouth is sometimes a little too much for even the seasoned supporters such as myself... I can handle and give a whole heap of language and shit but some of the things you say are not necessary and offensive. I'm not out to tell you to stop what you are doing, but I can understand why you would choose to sit away from the mainstream group. A supporter group needs to have everyone in it including kids and families and that was one of the main causes of my outburst to you in Round 1.

I think for now it might be best if we all worked out where to sit at away games and post that info in here and then encourage people to sit with us!!
We had a few extras in Melbourne that were accosted when they walked by us us wearing the jersey!!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I think for now it might be best if we all worked out where to sit at away games and post that info in here and then encourage people to sit with us!!
We had a few extras in Melbourne that were accosted when they walked by us us wearing the jersey!!

YES!! thats what we need to do, stop being snobs and invite any one and every one at the game in a jersey to sit with us and make lots of noise. perhaps the club could sponsor us by letting every know where we intend to sit each week, and then the group that does show up can pick up more at the game by accosing random people

Suitman

Post Whore
Jess,

I accost people all the time.
It only makes them want to sit somewhere else. :lol:

Suity

JessEel

Suitman said:
Jess,

Suity

just let them know they can sit near ME!
that'll keep the crowds coming!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
JessEel said:
Suitman said:
Jess,

Suity

just let them know they can sit near ME!
that'll keep the crowds coming!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:

I love sitting where I sit in the Cronin stand and I am not moving. Reasons being that I have a group of people around me that I love sitting with.
You know me, and I am of the same mind.

Away games are another thing altogether though, this is where we need to come together the most when we go into enemy territory!!!! and I am all for that.
Completely Agree.
However; sightseeing buses to away games not a good idea.. I think making our own way would be better. I do not want to see the sights on the way to a game. Also alot of people have time constraints etc..
Oh no doubt, Hey a co-driver here or there wouldn't have gone astray on my last trip. I am just saying that some people don't have the means that you and I might have, in Driving or flying to games or even how to get to some of the trial games.

Absolutely, and that is something we all as a group have not been doing.

Trooping the colors might also help that out.
Getting some of the huge flags, walking them around the stadium and with the group that is taking it around, they tell the Parramatta supporters how to join in the army.

Suitman

Post Whore
All that is well and good Mark, but if the clubs themselves could get together to promote this 'home and away' thing, we'd be better off.

Suity

Suitman said:
All that is well and good Mark, but if the clubs themselves could get together to promote this 'home and away' thing, we'd be better off.

Suity

Yep Agreed, how do you propose we get the clubs to do that ?

fish eel

Immortal
Yep Agreed, how do you propose we get the clubs to do that ?

A coup!!!!

Seriously though, bottom line is, you guys would ultimately be asking the club to spend dollars were they may not see a tangible return.

They've tried things at home games like the swamp which havent worked so well.

So why would they throw money at getting fans through the gates at away games, which is something I think they could and should be doing.

To borrow a previously used brandmark, what about an eels on wheels club, that fans can join, similar to blue and gold army, and perhaps membership is inlcuded in blue and gold army memberships. The 'eels on wheels' would basically be a database that is used to inform the 'members' where the parramatta fans would be sitting at each upcoming away game? Maybe do things like being able to book tickets through this club as well?

Its not, or shouldnt be that hard for the club.

They just need to motivation/willingness to do so.

JessEel

see, yea, i understand that will be tough, ie: we sit together we become a target

no offence HJ, flatch and that, but no way im sitting near youse when you mouth off to doggies fans :D

Latest posts