What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Up yours Bert! Johnny returns serve.

fish eel

Immortal
well said big fella, on points 2 and 3.

Putting aside whether or not BS can coach, I think if there were more people like him involved in rugby league, the game would be in much better shape.

He is also one of the more approachable high profile people involved in the game

forward pass

Coach
Read the article before passing comment. All Morris was aying was how we used berts criticism to fire him up - that is all. Morris was quite kind I thought considering the bagging Bert gave him - before he had even laid eyed on him playing in that possie.

Anyway, this won't change my opinion of Bert. Absloute legend and best player I ever laid eyes on.....

Hellsy

Immortal
Hey Everyone

We all have to remember that while all of us in here are entitled to our opinions so are the ex-greats of our game.
This is not to say that I agree or disagree with Bert, but the media only print what they want us to hear, there is no saying what else could have been on the table at the same time that Bert said what he did. They enjoy revving people up and by reading this thread they have achieved it!!!
He is entitled to his opinion even if people in here don't agree with it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Clark Kent said:
the article inferred that john morris was telling bert "up Yours" and that is how it will be taken by many, he should make it clear that he would never say this and does not like these comments about a club legend being attributed to him.

Oh wake up to yourself mate!

If Kenny gets offended because a player took his criticism to heart and it made him a better player, then I for one don't care if he comes near our club again or not.

Mate - Kenny started the sledge. It was Kenny who said that Morris would never make it big - Kenny started it all.

If he is to now get offended, then good riddance. The act not of a man, but of a wuss.

And I am so sick of this, "I'm a REAL fan cos I hate Brian Smith," sh*t.

Grow up.

He MAY not ever win us a Premiership - it doesn't mean that does of us who support him are less real fans than you.

The fact that a John Morris/Brett Kenny thread has turned into a Brian Smith bashing thread just goes to show the hidden agendas some people have. Biggest load of crap I have ever read.

Kenny started it, Morris replied without disrespect, and it has been sensationalised by RLW. Morris owes nobody anything, least of all an apology. What was he supposed to do? Walk into Smith's office and say, "Coach, Bert said I'm not a good 5/8 so I think it's best if we tear up my contract right now and I retire." Pffffffffft, second biggest load of crap ever.

And the Smith bashing? Walker and Clark, you two are more than entitled to your own opinions as much as anybody else, but when was the last time you did anything to help the team? No doubt you will be bowing down to Smith and Morris if they bring home a Premiership this year, deliberately ignoring the fact that you have made posts such as those in this thread, and you will pat yourselves on the back and join in the celebrations as if you had never tried to stab Smith in the back. Puh-lease!

And for all those yabbering on about punctuation - please, you are all terrible! Colonel, the abbreviation of "you are" is "you're", not "your". Puh-lease!

I seriously think some people (read, everyone here but a handful) are suffering seriously from moustachelessness. A bare upper lip is the enemy of style, people!

strider

Post Whore
Walker Smith - I think you lack the ability to post something here that is logical and well thought out. You obviously have hidden agendas (ie going off topic a tad) and you obviously ARE NOT intelligent enough to recognise a reporter's headline attention grabbing words from the interviewee.

AND before you tell me off (eg "up yours") - please keep in mind your statement that "Kenny expressed a valid opinion....and he gets up yours!".....well this is my valid opinion.....and of course NO ONE should be upset by anyone telling them publicly that they are no good. :sto:

As for Clarky Kent....so who do u post as when you take your glasses and tie off Clarky? - who's your alter ego?.....I love the "this is my first post, I couldn't hold back" lines :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
And for all those yabbering on about punctuation - please, you are all terrible! Colonel, the abbreviation of "you are" is "you're", not "your". Puh-lease!

I'll explain later..... ;-)

eloquentEEL

First Grade
strider said:
As for Clarky Kent....so who do u post as when you take your glasses and tie off Clarky? - who's your alter ego?.....I love the "this is my first post, I couldn't hold back" lines

Beat you to it strider :p

eloquentEEL said:
Clark Kent,

Welcome to the board. Very clever username you've got there. I must say though, as opposed to the comic book character, you may want to get some glass for your eyewear, as you are certainly no super hero.

Kind Regards,
eloquentEEL
Myth Buster

;-)

True EEL

Bench
i said that Morris would be a good 5/8 and was a half playing as a hooker at Parra on many many occasions and all off season long predicted halves of 6. Morris and &. 7 Marsh.....i was only wrong with Marsh and Timmy!!!! and Timmy is going great

i'm not getting into the Kenny thing as he was my hero along with Sterlo, but his ciomments were a little harsh, but perhaps he was trying to fire Morris up????

Nikki

Coach
Most people know how I feel about Morris, but this article earns him a couple of points of respect from me. As to Walker Smiths comments, I am sick of our so-call "legends" baggin out our club. Some of them act as if they were the be all and end all of the Parramatta Eels. Im sure if Kenny felt so deeply for OUR juniours he would NOT be coaching the Panthers kids. As for Sterlo, he bags us at every opportunity then refers to the Eels as "WE". As much as I think Fatty is a tool at least he stands by the Eagles no matter what.

Sorry if I have repeated thoughts that have already been put across, but only had time to read the first page of this thread...

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Last edited by The Colonel : Today at 09:06 AM.

party pooper

38389199.shh.gif

Clark Kent

Juniors
obviously i am never going to convince you people about the inadequacies of our coach, so i am just going to have to hope that we win in spite of his efforts.

The Colonel

Immortal
Clark Kent said:
obviously i am never going to convince you people about the inadequacies of our coach, so i am just going to have to hope that we win in spite of his efforts.

You've convinced me about inadequacies but there not that of our coach....

Hurriflatch

Referee
In the artilce Morris actually said that he played 5/8 all during his junior grade days.

So up until now he has in fact been a 5/8 playing hooker.

Haynzy

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
I seriously think some people (read, everyone here but a handful) are suffering seriously from moustachelessness. A bare upper lip is the enemy of style, people!

So true HJ.. so true

(bugger I put in two full stops :shock: )

eloquentEEL

First Grade
If you've got that fluff on your upper lip, that would be a Hitler mo. I believe those went out of fashion several decades ago.

Latest posts