What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Up yours Bert! Johnny returns serve.

The Colonel

Immortal
oldmancraigy said:
I was going to say the same thing fish eel! Up yours certainly doesn't come from Morris.

It comes from the front page of RLW and the opening part of the article.

rlw_cover.jpg

And Colonel - that wasn't the only thread with people supporting Morris as a 5/8 - before the season I also predicted he'd go well, and be our starting 5/8 - based on the fact that he had played there in 2002 (we won 9 of 13 games with him at 5/8), and based on his ability to adapt his game on the field.

I know there were a few. Couldn't find them all....

Stagger eel

Staff member
By the way WS! Ray Hadley is still on the air until 1pm why aren't you listening to him??

Clark Kent

Juniors
I have been a long time reader of this forum but have never had the urge to join until today. I cant believe the crap I am reading, with the exception of Walker Smith. Who the hell is John Morris, a guy that has won a couple of games with Parramatta, Bert is a legend who has won four premierships and knows what it takes to do so. John Morris should get out there today and clarify these comments and admonish them, cause quite frankly he is embarassing as are all you bert haters.

This is indicative of the problems at Parramatta as well as the problems most of you people on this forum have. You guys are happy just winning half our games all season and are happy to keep a mediocre coach who will never win us a premiership in his job, but the real fans like myself and Walker Smith strive for excellence and really want our club to achieve the greatest prize of all.

Bigfella

Coach
None of us here want to read divisive statements making generalisations about current players / admin versus past players. There is only one thing greater than my memories of watching people like Brett Kenny and Eric Grother play footy, and that is watching the current Eels play each week. It's a club; it is full of diverse personalities, ages, professions, skills and roles. That is the beauty of a great club: it is people joining together to make something greater than the sum of the individual parts. When you concentrate too much on either blaming or congratulating individuals you undermine the whole. Go Bert. Go Johnny Morris. Go Smithy. Go the Eels.

fish eel

Immortal
Again Clark, you need to read properly.

John Morris, didnt not say one single negative word about Brett Kenny, so what should he clarify?

Clark Kent

Juniors
the article inferred that john morris was telling bert "up Yours" and that is how it will be taken by many, he should make it clear that he would never say this and does not like these comments about a club legend being attributed to him.

Mr Saab

Referee
PB said:
I listen to bert once a week on 2SM reviewing the weekends matches and i have been waiting for him to take back his comments and admit that John is a 5/8th.

i listen to that too. All it does is futher emphasise why he was sacked (not re-signed) by Foxtel. Bert has NFI. Great player, bad commentator. Sometimes i dont think he even watches the league the way he talks.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Clark Kent said:
the article inferred that john morris was telling bert "up Yours" and that is how it will be taken by many, he should make it clear that he would never say this and does not like these comments about a club legend being attributed to him.

do yourself a favour and ask John yourself whether he said that or not, or else we'll see you at the stadium next time we win a premiership, I'm sure the bandwagon will be big enough for both you and Walker.

where's Parra Pete when you need him??

I think there are a few people who need to build a bridge......

It sells magazines and stirs emotions.

Reading this thread, it had done its job.

Being a proud Parra man for over 30 years,yes, my glory days at the moment are the '80s, but, I still support MY TEAM - PARRAMATTA EELS. I build a bridge and get over all of the crap politics that flows beneath it.

Hindy is becoming a legend, lets get some more going that direction.

Blue & Gold and proud of it!

Do us proud boys and make my glory days 2005 onward.

Okay, Clarke, Walker just for you two I am going to Highlight what John Morris is Quoted as saying in RLW. As taken from the first post in this subject

Colonel said:
Great article on the opening page of RLW today with Johnny returning the serve given by Brett Kenny earlier in the season regarding his selection at 5/8.
RLW said:
Tagged "Johnny Rotten" in RLW just two months ago after Kenny questioned the wisdom of his selection at five eighth, Morris now crediting the spray as his inspiration for his sizzling form.

"I don't take the field each week to prove people wrong, but comments like (Kenny's) certainly inspire you,"Morris says of the blast. "They make you want to be at your best every week".

"When you're a young bloke like myself, you really want to get advice from someone of Brett Kenny's status. I don't want to get too involved in it all again but it doesn't help when people are always offering up negatives".

Further in - Page 32.

Morris talk about his combination with Timmy. Also talks about Morris coming off contract but that he is already in Talks with the Eels.

"The club has been great to me and I'm keen to stay," he says.
Also a bit on Deano heading back to Armidale over the bye weekend to try and re-start the junior league in Armidale.

Can you find me anywhere in there were John Morris is not completely complementary of Brett Kenny.

Further to that, I am one of those that would be considered a Smith Supporter. Any one can say what is going to happen in the future. I can say Smith will win the Next 2 Premiership with Parramatta and we will have the Ultimate Prize, you can say he wont.

I actually believe in coach smith for one reason. I have listened to his explanations in person I have ask him some questions, gotten my answers and am happy to see him put his plans into action.

Having said that this club has a great deal of respect for its legends, but that does not mean we should fall at there feet and do what they tell us to do. Look at people like Billy Rayner, who is now the Patron of the leagues and football clubs Represented Australia and played 203 Games for this club.

People like Steve Edge, who has won a premiership with this club and played 107 games for our great club is now the head of Marketing. On the same note you have Dennis Fitzgerald who Represented Australia and played 145 games for the club. Ron Hilditch, Former player and first grade coach is now on the board of directors.

Legands of the club like Eric Grothe who’s little band project plays its best gigs at Parramatta Leagues club.

Legands like Bert, Pricey, Edge, Ella, Grothe and Wynn all take part in Parramatta Promotional events like the Legands vs Sponsers game earlier this year.

If anything, RLW needs to apologies to Kenny for the cover of RLW and not John Morris. I am sure that the club has already phoned Kenny to state that they didn't do the headline for the Article.

The Colonel

Immortal
Clark Kent said:
I have been a long time reader of this forum but have never had the urge to join until today. I cant believe the crap I am reading, with the exception of Walker Smith. Who the hell is John Morris, a guy that has won a couple of games with Parramatta, Bert is a legend who has won four premierships and knows what it takes to do so. John Morris should get out there today and clarify these comments and admonish them, cause quite frankly he is embarassing as are all you bert haters.

This is indicative of the problems at Parramatta as well as the problems most of you people on this forum have. You guys are happy just winning half our games all season and are happy to keep a mediocre coach who will never win us a premiership in his job, but the real fans like myself and Walker Smith strive for excellence and really want our club to achieve the greatest prize of all.

Far from hate Bert. I have his pictures on my wall at home, his signature on my Legends jersey and I am a huge fan of the bloke. As many have said I'd like to see him put aside his differences and help the club. Yes he's been burnt by Fitzy but he turns up to Presentation night. I'd rather see a legend or two endorse these young kids much like Sterlo has done with Tim Smith.

Real fans? We all are.......

Clark Kent

Juniors
we will have to agree to disagree, I am striving for greatness from my club and you guys are happy with mediocrity all beecause you "spoke to the bbloke in charge".
Unbelievable..........

The Colonel

Immortal
Clark Kent said:
we will have to agree to disagree, I am striving for greatness from my club and you guys are happy with mediocrity all beecause you "spoke to the bbloke in charge".
Unbelievable..........

You consider this season's start to be mediocre? Thats unbelievable....

fish eel

Immortal
this has nothing to do with striving for greatness or anything.

Is has to do with a couple of people, two to be exact, getting stuck into John Morris for something he didnt even say!

walker smith

Juniors
some valid points made by both mark and colonel

however, mark has said that "anyone can say what will happen in the next two years" and has pointed out that our future is unwritten.....yet EVERYONE can tell you the net premierships won under the Brian Smith reign - none.

the man doesnt win premierships and it has ever been so...and part of the reason is the lack of emphasis placed on the ultimate prize - the premiership.

he regards his own ego as the be all and end all and refuses to acknowledge accepted wisdom....yet he has still failed to win a premiership.

Im sorry, but im fearful that parra will yet again be lamenting a failed campaign come finals time...despite our limitless potential.

eight years of fruitlessness under this administration supports that opinion.

fish eel

Immortal
We all strive for Premierships, but if that's your measure of a decent coach, then we have had only two since 1947!

Latest posts