What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on ex-players.

He spoke about that, and when they needed something special that year to get the team back into the game, it was Faumuina who the message went out to rather than the other big names. He felt robbed of the player of the year, and Ivan was one of the assistants so saw what he had produced. Got given 1 trial at 6 then tossed aside so he and Ivan never saw eye to eye

He is fairly open though that his issues were mainly caused by himself and the drink and doesn’t blame the clubs etc
Ah ok... I can understand him feeling hard done by if that's the case. But its a credit to him if he's copping that on himself rather than blaming anyone else. Such a shame about the off field stuff; helluva player when he was on.

Not Warriors related but a bit of media attention here in Sydney is for the youngest athlete they are sending to Paris for the Olympics.
14 year old skate boarder (i forget her name) but its Luke Covells Daughter. He played for the Kiwis in a few tests in the 2000s. She is expected to medal as well.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He spoke about that, and when they needed something special that year to get the team back into the game, it was Faumuina who the message went out to rather than the other big names. He felt robbed of the player of the year, and Ivan was one of the assistants so saw what he had produced. Got given 1 trial at 6 then tossed aside so he and Ivan never saw eye to eye

Wow that's interesting, because I remember thinking it was absolutely ludicrous that Wiki got POTY in 2005 and not Faumuina. I reckon you could probably find posts from me back then saying that lol.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
haha here's a thread from 2004 where I've said almost word for word some of the same stuff I've said today...absolute broken record

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
And Mark Watson lol

They kept matching him up against absolute stiffs, as if he wasn't an exceptional athlete and sportsman despite being a bit fat
Haha yeah right, the guy was an exceptionally talented batsman with plenty of power, stands to reason he’d be able to throw hands pretty effectively despite being a porker

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On that same topic it’s a shame Manu had to give up the post footy boxing dream, he certainly acquitted himself well when he destroyed Letele in his only pro outing. He should give wrestling a crack, he’s got the size and the look.

Latest posts