What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL 1st Annual Board Meeting

Poul

Juniors
www.usarugbyleague.com/2011/09/usarl-board-meeting-announcement/

The USARL will covene its 1st Annual Board Meeting in Providence, Rhode Island, from 16-18 September.

Representatives from all clubs will be invited to discuss the progress that the league has made in its inaugural season, and to make plans for the future direction for the league.

Hopefully, there will be the opportunity for fans, even remote ones, to have some input into the process.

The USARL have promoted transparency and democratic representation. So far, they appear to have delivered on this. Hopefully this will continue to be the case.

they make the AMNRL look like a blind man driving a car! Good on them at least they have a proper direction of where they are going and how to achieve it.

I find it hilarious how seriously the seppos take themselves.

Strategic buisness plan = who is doing the chook raffle at the pub this weekend. Must take a seppo a whole weekend to figure that out.

By the look of the grand final you should have a strategic plan with Jenny Craig judging by the size of some of the players!

Seeing this got pulled from another post - Start posting accurate crowd figures and people may give you respect.

Besides that, hopefully one day League will take off over there. It just wont happen in our lifetime. More Aussie kids watch NFL than NRL these days!

Strategic buisness plan = who is doing the chook raffle at the pub this weekend. Must take a seppo a whole weekend to figure that out.

By the look of the grand final you should have a strategic plan with Jenny Craig judging by the size of some of the players!

Seeing this got pulled from another post - Start posting accurate crowd figures and people may give you respect.

Besides that, hopefully one day League will take off over there. It just wont happen in our lifetime. More Aussie kids watch NFL than NRL these days!

Apart from your bigoted rant how did you get the figures that more Aussie kids watch NFL than NRL?

MattyCLark

Juniors

Hey Truth,
I take offense to the USARL fat boy comment. I would love to see ya on the pitch in Jax on a nice summer day 5pm 109*F/43*C and 100% RH. You think you could handle me and my fat boys? The fact is RL will never be as big as NFL because of the history and money. And if Aussie kids are watching more NFL then NRL, you boys are doing something wrong. You shouldn't bash our little league when yours is loosing fan base to a U.S. sport. P.S. GO DA BEARS

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

You speaks bullshit.

Hey Truth,
I take offense to the USARL fat boy comment. I would love to see ya on the pitch in Jax on a nice summer day 5pm 109*F/43*C and 100% RH. You think you could handle me and my fat boys? The fact is RL will never be as big as NFL because of the history and money. And if Aussie kids are watching more NFL then NRL, you boys are doing something wrong. You shouldn't bash our little league when yours is loosing fan base to a U.S. sport. P.S. GO DA BEARS

Matty don't worry about boofheads like this. They are the one's who have never achieved anything in life and rather than admit they are a useless bunch of wankers they attack others. All the best to you guys and I am sure like many like myself we are watching your progress and wishing you all the best over there in the US.

Matty,

I don't need to play, the fat guys in the Grand Final beat you! So it musn't be that hard.

Seriously look at the Grand Final on You Tube - it is pretty bad quality footy.

Just speaking the truth that no one wants to say.

billy2

Juniors
The North American forum has come of age.
We have our own troll.

It would be interesting to know just what part of the success of League in America has him scared enough to troll the forum. He could be a Union troll, or more likely he is one of those Australians who are really worried that America could become a power in the game in time.
Either way, having someone worried enough to troll the forum proves the game is gaining traction in North America.

Goddo

Bench
Maybe he is an expat Victorian in California, scared that kick and fumble has failed to catch on in yet another country...

Goldcoasttiger

Juniors
I think the USARL are on the right track. You have to start from somewhere and having a business plan and goals is absolutely essential to give your organisation direction and drive. Considering this venture is only 12 months old it really is astounding to see the progress and results.
Cogratulations and expect to see even bigger leaps forward in the next 12 months.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
It is exciting to have our AGM so soon after the season ended, it keeps the challenges fresh for discussion and it also gives us a lot more time for planning and implementation of changes for the 2012 season.
Like all new organizations we have had our challenges, and even some disagreements on some things, but with the Board of Directors and a true voting system, the best moves for the LEAGUE and the SPORT have been taken.
We all have ideas that we feel are the best, but some are better than others for the size and ability of our LEAGUE and with input, and at times consideration of other ideas, we have put a full season together with all games played, increased crowds, move teams putting games on line, the start of a reserve grade comp, the start of a junior program, better facilities with all teams now having lockers rooms, and this all makes us more attractive to sponsors AND fans.
We have even created some "Good Problems To Have" (thank you Peter Homes a Court for that bit of advice) in the fact that the increase in level has meant we now need to deal with some things we thought may have been further in our future.
We even have our own troll on the forums and in a way that is compliment that we are realivant in his world - one fan at a time, no matter how we get them.

Number 16

Juniors
Cheers Spinner. Always a voice of sense and reason.

I'm looking forward to hearing what plans for the future come out of this weekend's board meeting.

I guess that two of your main priorities will be to find some headline sponsorship for the USARL competition and to resolve your issues with the AMNRL (in particular with regard to Tomahawks selection).

I am glad Peter Holmes A Court gave you advice on trolls, name dropper.

If you are with Jacksonville he must have given you lessons in crowd inflation as well!

PS - thats what most of us are on forums - armchair critics!

I am glad Peter Holmes A Court gave you advice on trolls, name dropper.

If you are with Jacksonville he must have given you lessons in crowd inflation as well!

PS - thats what most of us are on forums - armchair critics!

Arm chair critic - defined as "person who has no ability to achieve anything purposeful in life except criticise others who achieve more than he/she can ever dream of".

Apart from this you still have not backed up your claim that more Australian kids are watching NFL than NRL.

So not only are you a loser you are a liar.

Latest posts