What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Use your foot"

LeagueNut

First Grade
Did anyone else notice our terrible play-the-balls today?

We could have been pulled up plenty of times, especially when Badger was telling our players to play the ball with their feet and they'd still just stand there and roll it through without touching it. I know we weren't actually penalised, but that's more because of the overall uselessness of the referees at the moment.

Russell Packer has to be one of the worst, he makes bugger all effort to play the ball properly. Ukuma is another bad one. It's just laziness IMO, and doesn't reflect well on the whole attitude of the team if they can't get one of the basic fundamentals right.

Anyway I know it's not a big issue but I can just picture us being hammered in the weeks ahead if we don't start making a bit of effort here.

Rich102

Staff member
All year I have been waiting for the first penalty for incorrect playing of the ball. It hasn't come.....yet.

ozreece77

Juniors
yeah i was waiting for the whistle to blow.

However, i think this weekend the refs must have been given the hard word to crack down on forward passes at dummy half.
I've seen it in 3 games this weekend so far where they finally pulled up the dodgy passes at dummy half. Been coming for awhile tho.

Warmess

Juniors
Doesn't seem to be on the watch list this year, but whenever Matulino or Packer play the ball I couldn't disagree with the penalty. Perhaps they're waiting for finals time to roll around to ping us? :p

ozbash

Referee
Did anyone else notice our terrible play-the-balls today?

picky,picky,picky...

I was more concerned with the blatant forward passes, to be frank.

Some were so far forward, the receivers looked offside..

And while I'm in whinge mode, whats with all the high shots ??