What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v Manly

vvvrulz

Coach
Yikes... Matai and Lyon...

I think a 13+ loss is on the cards for us...

Having thrown away good starts week after week, I think its just a matter of time before we lose the plot completely.

We're going to get pasted, 20+ on the cards.

Juju

Juniors
I think they only joy that can be found this week is betting against and tipping against us in my tipping comp.

(p.s I am doing the most negative posts today... this season sucks)

Micistm

Bench
We need the Tiggas to lose tonight, and the team to get an absolute roasting in the media and the fanbase this week to fire them up. Or we're toast.
Can see a slaughtering this week, kind of depressing but I just can't see them improving. Even if they get off to a good start you just know they'll go get their mid game nap milk and curl up on the fuggy

Micistm

Bench
Lol, the only thing that's cheered me up is looking through the posts here...we're an optimistic lot! ;-)

Micistm

Bench
Hey guys...always love the Manly vs Warriors games. I think what will even it up for this game is the fact that both teams halves and five eighths seem to have gone missing and seem clueless at times.

We go one better with the clueless coach as well...:lol: I dunno...maybe we'll get the shock of our lives...I was surprised at the Broncs game, thought we were in for a rogering there. Hope springs eternal:?

ozbash

Referee
We need the Tiggas to lose tonight, and the team to get an absolute roasting in the media and the fanbase this week to fire them up. Or we're toast.
Can see a slaughtering this week, kind of depressing but I just can't see them improving. Even if they get off to a good start you just know they'll go get their mid game nap milk and curl up on the fuggy

Yea, go the Cowboys ( sorry Benji).

I think we may surprise ourselves this weekend,, with a win !

Aragorn

First Grade
Don't really rate us a chance. I think it's fair to say that just about every game from here is a must win, and every loss is a nail in the coffin.

1- Locke
2- Tupou (sigh)
3- Mannering (it will be Henry though...sigh)
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Maloney
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Friend
10- Lillyman
11- Mateo (play more minutes)
12- Brown (will be Mannering)
13- Taylor (play less minutes)

Res- Packer, Lousi, Lousi, Ta'ai (will be Brown)

I prefer if we just nail that coffin rather than die a slow suffocating death.... :eek:

Brando

Juniors
Against the odds, they'll win this weekend and thus get my hopes up again and fill me with false optimism and get this forum and the herald buzzing with grand final aspirations only to get pantsed again the following week after leading 30 nil at halftime. Yeah, over it!

Rich102

Staff member
Not unexpected. You would expect the Warriors to lose the games you expect them to win and win those they have no hope of winning. The more things change the more they remain the same. Kizmet.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Henry marking up against Lyon please boys ;)

If Brett Stewart is fit it may be the 1st time all season we have all available !

Cheops

Juniors
So who would be captain if Mannering is out? Taylor is talked about as a future leader but is too inexperienced at the moment. Maloney would probably be an option if he wasn't leaving, as would Manu if he wasn't a winger. Packer seems like a leader, but it's rare to see props as captain. Mateo? Friend?

Really highlights the lack of experience we have at the moment.

_addict

Juniors
To be fair to Mannering, although I've complained earlier this season that he's a great player, but not necessarily a good captain, I'm not convinced that there's anyone better out there.

I'd probably go Friend if Simon is out for this game, for the near future I'd say Taylor. Also, In a year where it's been hard to find any progress, I'd say he's improved quite well, even if it's been under the radar.

Aragorn

First Grade
Warriors can make it back 8 with a win in Perth.
75% crowd would be Kiwi's

now ask yourself, with so many let downs this season, do you really want us to win, only to get our hopes up and have us lose the following week against the sharks?

I just hope its a hard fast track and we play some exciting football....

TheDMC

Bench
now ask yourself, with so many let downs this season, do you really want us to win, only to get our hopes up and have us lose the following week against the sharks?

I just hope its a hard fast track and we play some exciting football....

You English bro?

Meth

Staff member
So who would be captain if Mannering is out? Taylor is talked about as a future leader but is too inexperienced at the moment. Maloney would probably be an option if he wasn't leaving, as would Manu if he wasn't a winger. Packer seems like a leader, but it's rare to see props as captain. Mateo? Friend?

Really highlights the lack of experience we have at the moment.

Friend for mine

Meth

Staff member
I personally think Mateo should be back on the bench and come on for the last 20 in the first half as an impact player, and then play the entire 2nd half. Its a hell of a lot better than pulling him off after 20 and have our attack fall to pieces. Matulino should play the entire first half and have a sit down for the first 15 mins of the second.

Give Lillyman a start with Package off the bench, happy to give the Lousi brothers another go. If Brown keeps this up he should find himself at the Vulcans soon.

Great thoughts.

Latest posts