What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Panthers

jeffdragon

Bench
I know its a bit early and we have to get past the raiders,but looking forward to this one .
It will be a tough one they are in form and have a big pack.
Cant believe the hype about Cleary they were doing good without him.
Its all a media beat up to get him into the origin team.
The nine coverage was talking as if he was the messiah.

SBD82

Coach
I know its a bit early and we have to get past the raiders,but looking forward to this one .
They looked very good last night. A very complete team across the park. They will present a massive challenge for us.

Walpole

Juniors
He's not the messiah! But, he's a very good player.

SBD82

Coach
Have to have Sims at his best and do a Cronk on Maloney.
Absolutely. But his job is made a whole lot harder because Maloney and Cleary both play on the ball. Much harder to target a playmaker when he doesn't restrict himself to one side. Also gives them options if we target Maloney.

The forward battle will be huge. The panthers have a great pack at the moment all playing in form. Their middle is strong and Kikau is a massive threat on the edge, especially with Peachey sniffing around him. I think the halves battle will be determined by which side can win the middle.

Hope we cruise through raiders unscathed, and then get fired up. If we do that, the game against Penrith shapes as an absolute cracker.

SBD82

Coach
True, then he has to slow one down and then deal with the other
Hope so mate.

They both also have a tendency to step back through the middle of the ruck if they think they can catch a lazy defender. We might see JDB dishing up the treatment if that's the case.

Old Timer

Coach
Absolutely. But his job is made a whole lot harder because Maloney and Cleary both play on the ball. Much harder to target a playmaker when he doesn't restrict himself to one side. Also gives them options if we target Maloney.

The forward battle will be huge. The panthers have a great pack at the moment all playing in form. Their middle is strong and Kikau is a massive threat on the edge, especially with Peachey sniffing around him. I think the halves battle will be determined by which side can win the middle.

Hope we cruise through raiders unscathed, and then get fired up. If we do that, the game against Penrith shapes as an absolute cracker.
Penrith are a great team with massive strike power in backs and forwards.
You are correct in your assessment and their pack is sensational.
I just asked this in a thread in JA when evaluating the Panthers pack do you think James Graham would get a starting spot in the run on side and would Latimore get a spot on the bench?
I think no to both questions and that will make them very tough indeed.
We can win against them but every player has to be firing on all cylinders and the forwards must make room for the halves.

SBD82

Coach
I just asked this in a thread in JA when evaluating the Panthers pack do you think James Graham would get a starting spot in the run on side and would Latimore get a spot on the bench?
We can win against them but every player has to be firing on all cylinders and the forwards must make room for the halves.
Come on OT.

James Graham is a god.

And Latimore may have arrived with plenty of doubters, but on a sunny Sunday afternoon at kogarah, a legend was born...

MilanDragon

Juniors

One of the commentators was saying lastnight they reckon the panthers have the best pack in the comp, but had no doubt the Dragons pack would want to prove otherwise.

SBD82

Coach
One of the commentators was saying lastnight they reckon the panthers have the best pack in the comp, but had no doubt the Dragons pack would want to prove otherwise.
I'm not sure whether the panthers have the best pack in terms of their best possible performance vs some other teams, but I would definitely say that they have the best performing pack at the moment. A lot of variation in skill sets and a great mix of youth and experience.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm not sure whether the panthers have the best pack in terms of their best possible performance vs some other teams, but I would definitely say that they have the best performing pack at the moment. A lot of variation in skill sets and a great mix of youth and experience.

Their backs go alright too... add Maloney/Cleary and its a very good football team. I didnt realise how well balanced they are, as I havent seen many of their games, but yes, i agree they are a real chance.

Old Timer

Coach
I r
Come on OT.

James Graham is a god.

And Latimore may have arrived with plenty of doubters, but on a sunny Sunday afternoon at kogarah, a legend was born...
No doubt Graham brings something to us in leadership and dedication because we needed it badly but Penrith aren't lacking in that area and their starting pack is extremely good with Merrin playing in his correct position so I reckon Jimmy would get a bench spot at best.
Lats has had his "golden hand" shake and should now drift off into never never land.
I had a close look at Penrith's speed in the ruck area and boy they will drag a lot of penalties I hoe we remain disciplined in that area when we play them.
It should be cracker alright I just hope we didn't light our fuse too early.

SBD82

Coach
Their backs go alright too... add Maloney/Cleary and its a very good football team. I didnt realise how well balanced they are, as I havent seen many of their games, but yes, i agree they are a real chance.
Great balance and some players still to return. They're a quality side no doubt.

The middle rounds are when the cream usually rises to the top. This year it's looking like panthers, rabbitohs, storm and the jury is out on the roosters.

Bottom line is this: we need to be continually improving if we want to stay on top of this comp. hope the boys are working hard.

TruSaint

Referee
Great balance and some players still to return. They're a quality side no doubt.

The middle rounds are when the cream usually rises to the top. This year it's looking like panthers, rabbitohs, storm and the jury is out on the roosters.

Bottom line is this: we need to be continually improving if we want to stay on top of this comp. hope the boys are working hard.

Totally agree .. as for the Chooks. I think they will come good and get on a run.

SBD82

Coach
Totally agree .. as for the Chooks. I think they will come good and get on a run.
I think the question mark over the roosters is still their middle.

If JWH, Napa and Friend can return to form I think you're right and they will make a run. But I don't think they can do it unless those three come up with consistent and better quality performances.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Considering his 1st game back from injury, Cleary was very good.

Think he has a massive future. Calm under pressure, nice kicking game, can run the ball... has it all ...
Yes i agree mate....he looks to be in control no matter what the task at hand....good players seem to have plenty of time and he is one of those....early days for him yet but he seems to be the complete package

Latest posts