What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Panthers

slippery5

Juniors
I know its a bit early and we have to get past the raiders,but looking forward to this one .
It will be a tough one they are in form and have a big pack.
Cant believe the hype about Cleary they were doing good without him.
Its all a media beat up to get him into the origin team.
The nine coverage was talking as if he was the messiah.
That's Ray Hadley, I had to change to Fox as he was making me sick with ass licking, I turned it back later only to hear him at it again, so I reluctantly had to go back to Voss on Fox.

slippery5

Juniors
Penrith are a great team with massive strike power in backs and forwards.
You are correct in your assessment and their pack is sensational.
I just asked this in a thread in JA when evaluating the Panthers pack do you think James Graham would get a starting spot in the run on side and would Latimore get a spot on the bench?
I think no to both questions and that will make them very tough indeed.
We can win against them but every player has to be firing on all cylinders and the forwards must make room for the halves.
Do you think there is a club that Latimore could get a start on the bench, because I think not.......

Gareth67

First Grade
Do you think there is a club that Latimore could get a start on the bench, because I think not.......

Of course not , but the man is no spring chicken , imo he earns his spot on the bench and will be there until the maestro decides some of the younger brigade is worth more game time , which unfortunately could take some time .

mickeylane

Bench
I tipped Dragons to play Panthers in GF back in April. But I think anyone of these teams below can win the Comp
Penrith
Dragons
Souths
Warriors
Roosters

mickeylane

Bench
One of the commentators was saying lastnight they reckon the panthers have the best pack in the comp, but had no doubt the Dragons pack would want to prove otherwise.
Funniest comment of the year!! Dragons and Souths packs streets ahead of the rest..the Cowboys have let themselves down this year as they had on paper the best pack..

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I tipped Dragons to play Panthers in GF back in April. But I think anyone of these teams below can win the Comp
Penrith
Dragons
Souths
Warriors
Roosters
Same here, my mate is a Penrith supporter, told him the same thing.... Add Storm with those teams and they're pretty much certain's for the semi's those 6 teams...

ouryears

Bench
I r

No doubt Graham brings something to us in leadership and dedication because we needed it badly but Penrith aren't lacking in that area and their starting pack is extremely good with Merrin playing in his correct position so I reckon Jimmy would get a bench spot at best.
Lats has had his "golden hand" shake and should now drift off into never never land.
I had a close look at Penrith's speed in the ruck area and boy they will drag a lot of penalties I hoe we remain disciplined in that area when we play them.
It should be cracker alright I just hope we didn't light our fuse too early.
Lats was signed as a depth player and is doing his job.
It's not as if he was signed as a gun player who is failing.

He brings more and shows more than some on here pretend to see.

Let's focus on our big names putting in week after week.

Drag Queen

Bench
The many who mocked me for opining that the Dragons' season was only just beginning might be in for a rude shock.

As mentioned any number of times, this year's draw mimics 2017 in so many ways.
You only need to look at last night's game between the Broncs (6 top players out, and and an early injury) against the Roosters to see the intensity they both brought to the game. Saw it with the Panthers also. These teams are lifting their game. It wasn't the prettiest to watch but it was exciting footy all the same.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You only need to look at last night's game between the Broncs (6 top players out, and and an early injury) against the Roosters to see the intensity they both brought to the game. Saw it with the Panthers also. These teams are lifting their game. It wasn't the prettiest to watch but it was exciting footy all the same.

Despite snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, there were small signs that the Chooks are starting (ever so marginally) to click.

After making a late tilt, I still feel it will be there as a major competitive force when the whips are cracking come semi final time - their lineup is too good not to do so.

Drag Queen

Bench
Despite snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, there were small signs that the Chooks are starting (ever so marginally) to click.

After making a late tilt, I still feel it will be there as a major competitive force when the whips are cracking come semi final time - their lineup is too good not to do so.
I totally agree SJ.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Reminder that last year we were the team to end Penrith's massive winning streak. And we did it under way more pressure than next week (where we have the knowledge that even a loss will keep us in 1st going into the bye round)