What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Panthers

mbk78

Juniors
They are busted jdb sims hunt and co .
Need a break . I thought we were ok early but went downhill.
The boys need a rest and so do i following them .
Comeback fresh after a two week break for the dogs . Enjoy the bye weekend and see how we turnup.
Hear hear!!!

Gareth67

First Grade
I believe that a number of us have seen this coming over the last few weeks . Sure I will praise the boys before each match , however that dark shadow has been lurking there for some time and tonight it finally showed its head .

The scoreline was ugly enough , but the real concern ( as so many others have been saying for yonks now ) is the fitness and taking players into games who are carrying injuries . It would appear that the ' maestro ' still has not learned anything of the uselessness of this .

What truly disappoints me is that they had everything to play for tonight , but simply could not deliver when Penrith applied the blowtorch . Hopefully this result may make others realise that there is still a long way to go in this competition and there is nothing assured of at this stage .

Mickthedragon

Juniors
We were shit.
Simple.
Shit.
I had to watch the game at work on my phone and missed parts of it. Seemed as though we were very shit indeed.
What the hell happened to our attack?
Was it just pressured into errors and sideways crap from there awesome line speed, just like the warriors game or is there more to it?

Brutalitops

Juniors
Great, physical first half, but in the end the busted parts of our team caught up with us. We need the bye but I expect us to come good against the Dogs

WA 'S OWN RED V

Juniors
Panthers were awesome. They have a depth we probably don't have. They have had an injury toll we haven't and Panthers and bunnies looking in better shape than us. We need to suck it up and face facts. Honey moon over.
We need to change a few things and chance our arm. The Conservative selection approach we are taking won't win the comp. We might get a respectable 4th or 5th.

rednwhites

Juniors
It looked more like 1st playing last than a top of the table clash. Right now, I don't see how we'd beat this team in a crunch match. Things change, I know.

Drag Queen

Bench
Well said, take nothing away from them but their draw compared to ours has been soft which has finally caught up to us. Especially with some of our players being busted
Well it time for the coaching staff to wake up. The boys were not up for this important game and the same song as the past two years is playing. The forwards are playing injured and busted; they could not compete tonight. Our right edge is a real problem and Dufty's defence is very suspect. Come to think of it, Dufty had a very quiet night.

Everyone who says that the team was not burnt out, watch this game a few times during the week and then give yourself an upper-cut. Yes the Pussm's angry because so much of this could be avoided.

My final words are:
Get some depth in the prop rotation, our forwards were no match for the Panthers tonight because they are burnt out and busted.
Buy a prop before June 30, we have only 3 decent props.
Drop Nightingale tp ISP and put Aitken on the bench, it's time.
Promote Lomax and Herbert to first grade.
Sack Mary and the coaching staff before the season ends up the same way as last season.
I recall saying fatigue was setting in and other teams were lifting Possm. Playing JDB was just plain stupid imo. Not that I thought this would have changed the score much. Bring on the bye and regroup.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
C'mon guys we know McGregor will have us primed for next week, I can guarantee everyone that we will bag the 2 points next week.

But have to say the 2 form teams of the comp are the Panthers and Rabbits.

Congrats to the Pennies they had a plan and they executed that plan to perfection.

SaintPauli

Juniors
De-jar-vu to last year. Our forwards start playing busted. Our go-forward becomes rattled.

Jack's injury is a real worry
The bye is welcomed but the origin is upon us too. Tough period ahead.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think DeBelin should have been rested 3 weeks ago. I am now hoping that he misses origin and is even rested against Canterbury. We nee a fit and firing DeBelin. I think that he wanted to play to push his origin chances.

Last edited:

rednwhites

Juniors
When I saw us getting belted I just hoped we'd hang on to top spot. It is literally the first time we have not been first all year, and it is really hard to see how we will ever reclaim it again. A poor loss.