What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Panthers

hazzbeen

Bench
De-jar-vu to last year. Our forwards start playing busted. Our go-forward becomes rattled.

Jack's injury is a real worry
The bye is welcomed but the origin is upon us too. Tough period ahead.
The way we played the last couple of weeks don't think we will lose too many to SOO ....

Thoroughly outplayed and out enthused.

Penrith line speed was amazing.

We were in deep trouble long before Hunt and JDB went off injured.

Agree with all posters who cannot understand why we continue to play guys who are clearly well below 100% fit.

Good to see young Lawrie got some valuable game time.

Cannot understand why Sele wasn't selected given JDB is busted.

LAM tried his heart out. Full marks to him.

We were unable to play the ball quickly all night. Consequently Cam McInnes service from dummy half was a bit slower than normal.

Have a feeling that Sims is also busted.

It is a massive wake up call for the coaching staff and team.

One out forward play was ineffective tonight.

Tomorrow is another day. If the side has been reading its one press, I would like to thank Penrith for bursting the balloon and bringing the team back to planet earth.

gonz

Juniors
seen this shit too many times. There off season training is all wrong . He's got them peaking in the 1st half of the season . Then burning out we have a history of doing this

gonz

Juniors
mcidiot again ? Has again burnt us same time by insisting to use 16 players and not using the 17th most weeks ! Has told everyone his ready for this period all bs ! Again

Frank Facer

First Grade
When I saw us getting belted I just hoped we'd hang on to top spot. It is literally the first time we have not been first all year, and it is really hard to see how we will ever reclaim it again. A poor loss.
We do have a very favourable draw for the rest of the season. I still think we will finish minor premiers. We play Wests, Parra and Canterbury twice. Newcastle, Manly and Nth Qld once. Melbourne without their rep players. Warriors at Wollongong and Easts at the SFS. We don't play Penrith, Souths or Cronulla again this year in the premiership rounds.

Tuddy

Juniors
As others have said some balls were needed to stop playing busted players and risking even more damage. Using the bench players a little better wouldn't hurt either.

Dufty needs to work on his goal line defence, there's no way he's stopping tries the way he goes about it at the moment.

On a positive note. At least we may have lulled Souths, Warriors and now Panthers into a false sense of security if we get to play them in the finals.

Bad luck boys, it's only one round and the dance isn't over by a long shot. The Panthers were just on tonight, I still can't believe the Sharks swapped Maloney for Moylan, he's the general the Panthers have been looking for.

Big games.
A coach can get his team to perform for big games.
Like last year, if your leading the comp every team wants to beat you, hence they are all big games.

Mary has proved time and time and time again he cannot get the players up for big games, he goes into every effing game with the same plan.

Wetene Zelesniach has been killing teams all year, but no, by all means don’t look at the tapes of his games and not kick it to him all effing night.

Just continued effing stupidity.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Thoroughly outplayed and out enthused.

Penrith line speed was amazing.

We were in deep trouble long before Hunt and JDB went off injured.

Agree with all posters who cannot understand why we continue to play guys who are clearly well below 100% fit.

Good to see young Lawrie got some valuable game time.

Cannot understand why Sele wasn't selected given JDB is busted.

LAM tried his heart out. Full marks to him.

We were unable to play the ball quickly all night. Consequently Cam McInnes service from dummy half was a bit slower than normal.

Have a feeling that Sims is also busted.

It is a massive wake up call for the coaching staff and team.

One out forward play was ineffective tonight.

Tomorrow is another day. If the side has been reading its one press, I would like to thank Penrith for bursting the balloon and bringing the team back to planet earth.
best post Ive read all night

hazzbeen

Bench
seen this shit too many times. There off season training is all wrong . He's got them peaking in the 1st half of the season . Then burning out we have a history of doing this
Spot on mate thinking the same thing .Specials to be leading about half way . I have stated before can we play any better than our first 7 games ? I don't think we can as you say we have peaked . Other teams are ready to pounce , we are just trying to keep afloat ....

ozbuck

Juniors
Comps are not won at the end of may. This game means nothing in the finals.

We beat the storm twice (or three times) in '99 convincingly. Doesn't mean nothing when it matters!!!

Frank Facer

First Grade
Did any of the teams that beat us this year, do so with their plan B? All this talk of a plan B, is way over the top. I don't even hear any commentators or league writers say that teams got beat because they didn't have a plan B.

Plan B, usually relates to not drink driving. lol

We need to get all of our players fit and healthy and get back to our winning ways. We also should make changes to our right hand side.

I also think that our halves should straighten our attack up. I am not a fan of Widdop running across the field. We also have to learn to have Dufty inject himself into the backline better and for him to combine with his centers. I also want to see Dufty take on the extra 5/8 role, a'la Slater and Brett Stewart.

Last edited:
Nene.
Jesus, can he ever be in the correct position to take a pass and run, ever.

No wonder Lafai has put the flick pass away, he knows if he throws one Nene will never be in the correct position to take it.

Did any of the teams that beat us this year, do so with their plan B. All this talk of a plan B, is way over the top. I don't even hear any commentators or league writers say that teams got beat because they didn't have a plan B.

Plan B, usually relates to not drink driving. lol

We need to get all of our players fit and healthy and get back to our winning ways. We also should make changes to our right hand side.

I also think that our halves should straighten our attack up. I am not a fan of Widdop running across the field. We also have to learn to have Dufty inject himself into the backline better and for him to combine with his centers. I also want to see Dufty take on the extra 5/8 role, a'la Slater and Brett Stewart.

Jesus really?
You think kicking straight to their fullback all night and him killing us was the right move?
Any man and his dog could see the message should have gone out “stop doing that” but no, they continued.
That a PLAN B

hazzbeen

Bench
I am so disappointed with tonight , I just wanted us to win to finally convince my self that things had really changed from last year . But in the back of my mind thought the slide was coming . Gee I hope Mary proves me wrong , not holding my breath .. ..

Latest posts