What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Sharks

TheDMC

Bench
Interesting to see Ukuma Ta'ai on the five man bench. Are they inferring they may reconsider that he may have a future at the club? Not sure on Carlos TBH, I haven't been as impressed with him this year. Either way, I am though excited to see Sebastine in the starting line up (thoroughly deserved) and I do want Carlos to have a good 'un. Hopefully they have the NRL on TV in Thailand...

Here is a good pub for NRL this weekend: http://www.noideabkk.com/
Has the NRL TV schedule. Seems the warriors game is the only one not been televised here this weekend.
If your hotel has cable tv, the rugby channel is 107 Setanta Sports (True Sports Extra).
Cheers

kos

Juniors
Brown and Henry in the centres...........yawn!
I watched Brown last week, does he know how to pass the ball when playing centre?
Couple of newbies in the other positions.
is this looking like a development side in parts?

On FOX2 in OZ at 12 on Sunday giving me enough time to watch the boys then shoot down to Robina to see Titans/rabbits.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Interested to see how Carlos goes this week, although at the same time a little concerned about yet another rookie being blooded. I hope all these bloodings pay off in the future.

To me when Carlos really gets involved in the NYC games he cuts teams up, but then goes missing very quickly for long periods. Part of me is hoping that it's one of those cases where he finds the NYC a little too easy and as a result doesn't have that added motivation because the challenge isn't there.

While I certainly don't see him being ready to tear first grade teams apart, I am interested to see where he plays and what his involvement levels are when he gets on the field.

Blair

Coach
On FOX2 in OZ at 12 on Sunday...

Not having Foxtel, and despite being on a bit of diet, that sounds like a good excuse for a pub lunch! Burramundi, chips and easy on the salad.

How long have you been on the Gold Coast? That Robina ground was just a ramshackle thing in 1998 when I saw Manly play. We were in the 'hospitality suite' (if you could call it that) which was really just a long shed with a corrugated iron roof. The seafood platter was good though as were the ice cold Powers Bitters.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Others would have watched the 20s more than me but I haven't been that impressed with Tuimavave when I have. I don't know if anyone knows what his best position is yet, so he's looking like being a poor man's Lance Hohaia - without the hooking skills.

Didn't the Warriors tell Ta'ai to look elsewhere earlier in the year? I'm sure he would have found a club, albeit on minimal money. Might well be the UK.

Has a lot of skill and a bit of pace. I think he is a center. Drifts in and out of games too much to be a 6. His kicks can be rubbish too.
Looks like none of the Warriors coaches know what to do with him.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So he's Joel Moon.

I'd rather have Joel Moon. I thought it was a mistake to let him go and this year has done nothing to disprove my theory. He runs rings around Ben Henry as a centre.

hitman82

Bench
Radio sport suggesting a change to the 17 involving a debutant with a - "famous last name" ..? Stanley? Meads?

kos

Juniors
Blair
Robina a great ground for league. Its a little like the Caketin (Westpac Stadium Wellington)but its rectangular so yep its a quality venue for league.
Been here 5 years -did penance in NSW and VIC many years ago and a stint back home hence all home warriors games attended 1995/2006 with exception of 2 years in Wellywood.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Ummm ... any chance broncos70 has asked an innocent question but Ozbash has confused him with that other broncos2010 tool?

Latest posts