What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V The Donkeys

Exsilium

First Grade
I felt the Broncos we're lucky to not get pinged for continually slowing the ruck down. They crowd the ruck on most plays but it goes unnoticed.

Most teams do it but it is something I've noticed as being one of their more frustrating tactics to get the tempo down to where they can manage.

mxlegend99

Referee
I felt the Broncos we're lucky to not get pinged for continually slowing the ruck down. They crowd the ruck on most plays but it goes unnoticed.

Most teams do it but it is something I've noticed as being one of their more frustrating tactics to get the tempo down to where they can manage.
Go check out BtoncosHQ thinking Panthers got away with slowing down play the balls. All the 50/50s etc.

Meanwhile go to a neutral site like The Kennel. They're all saying that about Broncos.

Panthers were making more metres. Dominating field position. Possession and winning contact. Yet Broncos were somehow entitled to a faster play the ball than we were

Should probably have had a player in the bin for professional foul when Staggs flopped into to a completed tackle on Luai. It was a definite penalty and they got away with that. Then a leg pull on the next play as we tried to play the ball. Always had a hand on the ball. Wrestling in tackles after ref called held.

The reason we struggle for points against Broncos is we can't play a high speed game and although we wear them down. They get to hold on long enough that we really don't get many opportunities with space.

Leota bombing a rare opportunity was costly. Likewise the bunker stealing a fair try to Sorensen off us. Though Turuva for mine could easily have been pinged for a double movement so they kinda cancel each other out.

Fangs

Coach
Leota, Cleary and Turuva have all bombed easy tries over the line this year. Probably more as well just off the top of my head.

Iamback

Coach
The attack is a worry, but the Broncos were pretty willing in defence. The game was over a after 20 minutes though. Once they lost the ascendancy they had in the first few sets, you could just see we were going to give them nothing. Only a miracle type play from Walsh was about the only way they could get past us.

We score 20. We won't lose, Getting to 20 regularly is key. Allows cover if someone misses a tackle or a good kick

Flashstep

Juniors
The good thing is our defence and just general play has gotten back to premiership levels, just need to add the final polish to our attack in the red zone.

MugaB

Coach
Perhaps perhaps.

Either way he wanted to shove somebody. It wasn't accidental.

He needs a bit of PR after getting ridden by Kent and the media for so long. I don't really have a problem with anything he does on the field. 99% overblown. Shoving a ref is obviously a step too far.

Onto origin.
No one deserves PR... that guy is still crapping on about Perf all over the expansion threads

MrBlack

Juniors
Edwards made a break. No support

To'o made a break off a loose ball. No support

Cleary goes short to Peachey ( He dropped it) Luai behind Peachey had Turuva unmarked outside him

The pass inside to Kenny that was broken up

There was a stack of chances missed, really is the story of the year so far

I wonder how are the other 16 teams going???

isaiah

Bench
Luai was second offence for contrary conduct. I guess the first was calling Luke Bateman a gay merkin in Qld v nsw u20’s match. Homophobic slur.