What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V The Donkeys

betcats

Referee
Later in the coverage Danika reported she had spoken to the actual camera-man who confirmed it as a nothing event.
No wonder Kent has been on the air for so long. So many morons out there buying into this shit.

Or maybe some of us just understand apologies or not, accident or not, touching a ref has always been a no no. It was pretty obvious to anyone but extremely biased penrith fans that touching a ref puts the player at risk of copping some kind penalty.

betcats

Referee
He is extremely lucky.

And very clever to be honest. He literally ran through his options in his head before shoving him. Followed by an immediate apology which fooled plenty of people on here it seems.

I'm a fan of his, his form recently has picked up and we are looking sweet for 2023. Banter with players is fine but he needs to pull his head in.

I dont know I dont think he deliberately set out to push a touchie. IMO it looked like he thought it was a broncs player and quickly realised it wasnt and said sorry. But either way its not a good thing to be doing.

mxlegend99

Referee
He copped the right punishment for it. Despite what one eyed Panthers fans think. He touched the official quiet obviously and it's against the rules.

Accident or not. He copped the punishment as he should have. Although the fact it's a fine will have people claiming it's preferential treatment. But it's a grade one minor offence which is what the fine system is for.

Pretty sure fines weren't an option to punish the likes of Mckendry, Frizzel, Thaiday etc. Back then

Fangs

Coach
I dont know I dont think he deliberately set out to push a touchie. IMO it looked like he thought it was a broncs player and quickly realised it wasnt and said sorry. But either way its not a good thing to be doing.

Perhaps perhaps.

Either way he wanted to shove somebody. It wasn't accidental.

He needs a bit of PR after getting ridden by Kent and the media for so long. I don't really have a problem with anything he does on the field. 99% overblown. Shoving a ref is obviously a step too far.

Onto origin.

Sime_11

Juniors
deserved punishment - players apologise for high tackles when put on report - they still get punished and Luai should be no different with this situation.

Luai is the villain so he's going to cop abuse = it's only going to make him play harder & better :)

betcats

Referee
deserved punishment - players apologise for high tackles when put on report - they still get punished and Luai should be no different with this situation.

Luai is the villain so he's going to cop abuse = it's only going to make him play harder & better :)

He definitely seems like a guy who enjoys having a point to prove. I like him playing with a chip on his shoulder, doesnt always go his way but often seems to bring out his best form.

betcats

Referee
Perhaps perhaps.

Either way he wanted to shove somebody. It wasn't accidental.

He needs a bit of PR after getting ridden by Kent and the media for so long. I don't really have a problem with anything he does on the field. 99% overblown. Shoving a ref is obviously a step too far.

Onto origin.

Oh he definitely wanted to give someone a little shove, thats his nature(on the field). I just don't think he realised that it was the touchie.

soc123_au

Staff member
Grew up with family members that were hard of hearing... telling people now that luai apologises immediately after touching the touchy... and the second reach out to grab him again was a second apology...

Look forward to front on cameras no doubt released this week confirmed this..

All accidentals hence why nothing's happened...

Luai haters need to get a grip.
No ones hating on him, it is what it is, touch an official and take your medicine. Fine is about right, the NRL need to send a message that it's not acceptable, but it's also not worthy of a sit down.

I'm sure Jerome will cop the fine on the chin without complaint.

Exsilium

First Grade
This article contains a video showing quite clearly the incident Luai has been charged over, so you can judge it for yourselves -

Seeing it again, it's almost like he thought it was one of his teammates and went to do the whole pat on the shoulder thing. I don't think it was a push per se. It doesn't matter how we view it, he touched an official, got punished accordingly.

19Panther90

Juniors
BS fines for players this year. All about generating cash for the NRL.

What a game that was and had State of Origin feel about it. D. Edwards has to be picked for Origin if Freddy is serious. Tedesco is on a big decline.

19Panther90

Juniors
I like the fact that the on field Ref over turned the Video Ref on that non try. Walsh clearly took Dylan out. We should look into The Football VAR system when the Ref looks at the incident himself and makes a decision based of his 1st on field views and than the images via the video. The bunker doesn't get the full picture.

betcats

Referee
Can anyone tell me why fish was penalised and put on report last night? Cause I still can’t work it out

betcats

Referee
I like the fact that the on field Ref over turned the Video Ref on that non try. Walsh clearly took Dylan out. We should look into The Football VAR system when the Ref looks at the incident himself and makes a decision based of his 1st on field views and than the images via the video. The bunker doesn't get the full picture.

Yep that was great for us and completely the right call. Ashley Klein is an idiot