What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V The Donkeys

Iamback

Coach
Yeah we were cruising along to our normal win over them. Ivan f**ked up bad putting Salmon up against their best edge.

Salmon could done the job BUT he wasn't fresh

That is why Martin on the bench works.

It allows him to come on in the middle or go out wide later in the game when Kenny goes prop.

Salmon should only come on for a back or with 20 to go to give an edge a break. That is what the side needs from the 17

Flashstep

Juniors
Reynolds is a massive out, Cleary should realistically kick them out of the contest. That being said their attack is still lethal, Mam and Walsh are combining very nicely at the moment and their forward pack is probably the best in the comp. It won’t be easy but we should win this game if we play to our potential.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I’m tipping us but I don’t expect it will be easy at all. Their forward pack has been scary at times this year with Haas, Carrigan etc dominating and they have plenty of speed in the backs.
The big out is Reynolds which makes us favourites but I’m always a bit nervous playing Broncos at Suncorp, we’ve struggled against them up there even when they’ve been well below us on the ladder.
I’ll take a narrow win to pay them back for Round 1. 7-4 feels much better than 6-5 going into an Origin period that could expose our depth.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Wests Tigers game was a gimme apparently only a short couple of weeks back and this is arguably a far more difficult assignment even with Reynolds out.
We aren't close to the team we used to be. It's crazy we can lose to. eels and Tigers in the bottom 4 and people still think we're certainties over top 4 sides.

Our defence is great and some teams just buckle and give up. Letting the margin blow out. But teams willing to play until the 80th minute will hang in down to the wire. Like Broncos, Souths (both times), Eels, Tigers and Knights did.

We have reason to be confident we can win. But there's no certainties anymore. Without Api our spine at its best is still only 75% as good as it was last year.

MugaB

Coach
We will win this, and i dont think it will be close after 30-40 minutes.. Us by 20 come full time.
Depends on how Nathan feels about tiring out Payne Haas, and also letting moses and fish of their leashes, there might be a few words spoken prior to the game on the blues behalf.... just jokes.. fish, marto and leota will smash him and carrigan into next season

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
I’m tipping us but I don’t expect it will be easy at all. Their forward pack has been scary at times this year with Haas, Carrigan etc dominating and they have plenty of speed in the backs.
The big out is Reynolds which makes us favourites but I’m always a bit nervous playing Broncos at Suncorp, we’ve struggled against them up there even when they’ve been well below us on the ladder.
I’ll take a narrow win to pay them back for Round 1. 7-4 feels much better than 6-5 going into an Origin period that could expose our depth.
Their forwards got over us quite emphatically in the first round. I think our boys will be out for a square up tonight and will take the loss personally.