What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V8 Supercars Discussion

nöyd

Staff member
seeing as we now seem to have a dedicated V8 thread, I thought I would post a few pics i've taken this year so far, from Ipswich and the 888 Members Day a few weeks ago.

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

IMG_5177.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

Scapegoat

Juniors
Awesome pictures mate. Big thanks for sharing. Triple 8 Sandman is so sweet, love the silver Red Bull livery.

nöyd

Staff member
should be interesting indeed, would be a shame to see the gullwing doors rip down the pit boom

nöyd

Staff member
just for show

prodrive on facebook said that they are covers, and the proper wheels will be used on track

DiegoNT

First Grade
Something that got overlooked after lowdnes/ Richards bathurst win

Lowdnes: six bathurst wins
For Holden: 3
For Ford: 3

Steven Richards: four bathurst wins
For Holden: 2
For Ford: 2
Win pattern: Ford- Holden- Ford- Holden

nöyd

Staff member
the pick of my photos today so far from our hotel balcony at turn 2:

ingall_walters_zpssxgxvxyt.jpg

whincup_dumbrell_zpsipypw4md.jpg

wood_mjones_zpsbw2vppbr.jpg

Scapegoat

Juniors
Great pics mate! Tell you, I'm really liking the PRA "Back to Future" livery a lot. Looks good on TV. Nice to see Courtney back in the #22 as well.

nöyd

Staff member
vangisbergen_webb_zpsvggk4uxt.jpg

Tell you, I'm really liking the PRA "Back to Future" livery a lot. Looks good on TV.

it looks even better in real life, and is the car that i got the most decent photos of today.

i'm only new to the photography game, and the GC track is absolutely naff for good pics, unless you happen to be employed as an official photographer by V8SC, and therefore are allowed into the best spots without fences and shit in front of you.

in all i took well over 1200 pics today, and what you see here is pretty much the best of what i got, bearing in mind that there is 2 tram lines, power lines, street lights and trees between me and the track.

tomorrow i'm going to see if i can access the roof of our hotel, which may or may not make for better photo opportunities.

DiegoNT

First Grade
A true silly season is erupting. Interesting to see who ends up where

Redbull/888
-Van Gisberg
-whincup
- Lowdnes in Caltex colours

Tekno
- W Davison

Volvo/ Grm
- McLaughlin
- rumoured to be Moffat

DJR/Penske
- Pye
-Coulthard

Fpr/prodrice
-winterbottom
-mostert
- waters rumoured to be promoted to Reynolds car
- heimgharter in the super black car

Nissan
- kelly brothers
- has Caruso been confirmed?, Moffatt rumoured to be on the move

HRT/walkinshaw
- Tander
- Courtney
- Slade under pressure
- Holdsworth

Erebus
- unsettled for next year

Brad Jones Racing
- coulthard gone
-bright
- wood?

I'm sure someone can help clean this up, add rumours they've hear, or more will be confirmed in coming weeks