What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vagana

millersnose

Post Whore
peachey was peachey

a few knock ons..crap defence and something for the faithful to waffle about to forget the mistakes

Since 73

First Grade
panfashark said:
Did anbody else notice Nigel's comments in a post match interview!

He was asked about the two tries he scored, mentioned that it was just like playing back at the dogs with Shifty, when the HALVES were good enough to get the ball in the right spots!!!

He hated his time at the sharks.
He used to say the same thing to the cameras at least twice a year during his shark years.

chili pepper

Bench
coolumsharkie said:
It's a long season :)

Exactly. I wonder whether his enthusiasm will continue while Souths languish near the bottom of the table?

Souths in ability to clean up several kicks in the defensive 20 was alarmingly bad.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
noddiesnut said:
peachey was peachey

a few knock ons..crap defence and something for the faithful to waffle about to forget the mistakes
Yep Peachey was Peachey , complete class and something for the detractors to cling to.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
How easy does he set up players? its beautiful to watch & the scoreboard ticks over effortlessly.
Great short kicking game & can put the ball where the coach wants it.

coolumsharkie

Referee
chili pepper said:
Exactly. I wonder whether his enthusiasm will continue while Souths languish near the bottom of the table?

Souths in ability to clean up several kicks in the defensive 20 was alarmingly bad.

These guys just love an argument I think.

Some pretty poor efforts in this thread.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
How easy does he set up players? its beautiful to watch & the scoreboard ticks over effortlessly.

Geez u would think simmo would have a great short kicking game coming from a soccer background:)

Snoop Shark

First Grade
chili pepper said:
Do I detect some forum crawling going on?

Mate u can have an argument but when u talk about a quality player like peachey there is nothing to dispute! :shock:

Inferno

Coach
Snoop Shark said:
Geez u would think simmo would have a great short kicking game coming from a soccer background:)

He actually setup someone (Kearney maybe?) last year during the Raiders game. It was a pretty good kick actually, I remember wondering we he didn't try it more often. Since then I haven't seem him try another one, so I don't know whether it's a fluke or something he actually works on.

Shark

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:

Remember that game against the Broncs at Shark Park in '99 or 2000, when he had time to waltz past 3 or 4 defenders, draw a few more in, then point at the hole he'd created in the defensive line before offloading to the guy running the angle? 4-pointer to the Sharkies under the Northern posts. The definitive Peachey try, and he didn't even have to be the guy grounding the footy. Can't even remember who scored it now. Doesn't matter, it was Peach's try anyway.

BUT apparently Simmo was better. We could be in strife in 2 weeks.

The Dodger

First Grade
i wouldnt go as far as to rate the bunnies considering they played the roosters....

how much are they paying for the wooden spoon?

Sharkforever

Juniors
This guy was a waste of space and $$$$$.

Lazy doesnt even come close . Some of the worst money we have EVER spent on a player.

He was the only player last year (in his final yr with the clb) that didn't bother to turn up for the Meet the Fan night at Sharkies Leagues Club. Didn't bother me but remarkable that even Tevita Latu could manage it , considering his busy night previous , not to mention Ben Ross out all year and on crutches could spare the kids some time that night.

Good luck Souths trying to get this retiree to earn his $$$$$. You can have him.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I reckon he will go fantastic at Souths as long as the half back gets him the ball & puts the ball where the coach wants it.
monday night was testament to that. he got 2 tries & then his involvement levels got higher & higher.
use him like the Sharks did & watch him catch the Flu.

Latest posts