What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val Holmes set to join the NFL - Sharks grant release

beave

Coach
i posted this over at the stampede-

if the article is to be believed, his 40 yard dash is comparable to Mike evans...... Now I am a Bucs tragic, I get up at 0300-0400 every f**king monday to watch their games, and he is a wide reciever that is not known for speed off the mark or yards after the catch. He is a very tall athletic guy who was good at basketball and transitioned over and uses his height as his advantage to jump and get the ball. He also boxes guys out with the use of his body (ala basketball)

If they are trying to align their 40yd dash times to say ‘see Val is as good as the NFL players!!’ then they are f**king kidding themselves. That metric is not comparing apples with apples. Evans has 11cms height difference and 12kgs on Val. f**king ridiculous comparison, it actually makes Val’s time look even worse when he is only quick as someone with that much size difference.

Roosters rule

Juniors
Another idiot following his NFL dreams.
All the know all journalists will have egg on their faces with most claiming he was a done deal at the Cows.

The Marshall

Juniors

if the article is to be believed, his 40 yard dash is comparable to Mike evans...... Now I am a Bucs tragic, I get up at 0300-0400 every f**king monday to watch their games, and he is a wide reciever that is not known for speed off the mark or yards after the catch. He is a very tall athletic guy who was good at basketball and transitioned over and uses his height as his advantage to jump and get the ball. He also boxes guys out with the use of his body (ala basketball)

If they are trying to align their 40yd dash times to say ‘see Val is as good as the NFL players!!’ then they are f**king kidding themselves. That metric is not comparing apples with apples. Evans has 11cms height difference and 12kgs on Val. f**king ridiculous comparison, it actually makes Val’s time look even worse when he is only quick as someone with that much size difference.
With Holmes' size he should be getting compared to players like Tarik Cohen or Tyreek Hill and he is light years away from them.

Quicksilver

Bench

Thanks for that. I don't know anything about NFL but that quote did stand out to me as I've never viewed Valentine as an out-and-out speedster, even by NRL standards. He's fast, but not that fast. Seen him rundown in a few situations where he probably should have scored.