What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val Holmes set to join the NFL - Sharks grant release

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I base it on my years and years of expertise in the game of rugby league.
tenor.gif

carcharias

Immortal
Well I could’ve just said the obvious answer.
That is.
The merkin has never played the game before...therefore I bet he’d go shit.

aqua_duck

Coach
Comparing a guy who's played the game his entire life and that runs 4.39sec to a guy who's never played the game before and runs 4.6secs is completely valid........
The argument is not that Val is too small the argument is he's hasn't got ideal height/weight/speed combination that will help him make up for the fact he's never played the game before and even more important he hasn't got the measurables that jump out at a team for them to take the time to develop him.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I thought the Sharks had to keep Vals cash open encase he didn't make it and came back next year or has that changed/not been reported accurately?

shaggs

Coach
I thought the Sharks had to keep Vals cash open encase he didn't make it and came back next year or has that changed/not been reported accurately?
Nah he was released on the proviso he didn’t play nrl for anyone in 2019. They have to spend it. The rule these days is 90% cap spend or something.

Latest posts