What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val Holmes set to join the NFL - Sharks grant release

thorson1987

Coach
lol.. this is a myth and I enjoy watching NFL. Effectively the average IQ of an RB or WR is on par with that of a security guard. However keep peddling the myth. You are also somehow implying that Americans have higher IQ's than Australia. Again not true, sure some Australian's are dumb arses, but they are the ones who blindly think NFL players are geniuses. Hate to break the news to you but top tier College Talent will not be allowed to fail their grades. It just won't happen.

http://www.espn.com/page2/s/closer/020228.html

The average NFL combiner scores about the same as the average applicant for any other job, a 21. A 20 indicates the test-taker has an IQ of 100, which is average.

Some people disagree with the whole idea of IQ testing because they believe the tests are culturally biased and inaccurate. But Charlie Wonderlic doesn't make grand claims for the score derived from his test. "What the score does is help match training methods with a player's ability," he says. "It could be a playbook -- what is the best way to teach a player a play? On the field, the higher the IQ, the greater the ability to understand and handle contingencies and make sound decisions on the fly."

In general, says Wonderlic, "The closer you are to the ball, the higher your score."

This assessment roughly corresponds to the averages revealed, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, by an NFL personnel man in Paul Zimmerman's "The New Thinking man's Guide to Pro Football," which are:

Offensive tackles: 26
Centers: 25
Quarterbacks: 24
Guards: 23
Tight Ends: 22
Safeties: 19
Middle linebackers: 19
Cornerbacks: 18
Wide receivers: 17
Fullbacks: 17
Halfbacks: 16

The average scores in other professions look like this:

Chemist: 31
Programmer: 29
Newswriter: 26
Sales: 24
Bank teller: 22
Clerical Worker: 21
Security Guard: 17
Warehouse: 15

Trust me, he is.

Except he is serious.

lol

Abacus

Juniors
How so?
Holmes walked out mid contract.
Not only does it leave a massive hole in the actual on feild team but it has an impact on other signings, sponsors and membership.

The dude didn’t even have the balls to speak to the coach.
He was fine with running to the newspaper though.

Maybe his phone only has the Instagram option?

Anyway, it’s pretty obvious people hate Gallen which is fair enough... he is the only bloke in the game that doesn’t give a predictable boring answer to every question.
People can’t handle that.
It’s too confronting.
Its alright Carch, I was sick of reading about the respective merits of NFL and thought this thread could use some livening up - thanks for your efforts in that regard.

I'm not confronted by Gal at all though. He is sadly predictable and all about Gal. Much like on the field.

Fire

First Grade
lol.. this is a myth and I enjoy watching NFL. Effectively the average IQ of an RB or WR is on par with that of a security guard. However keep peddling the myth. You are also somehow implying that Americans have higher IQ's than Australia. Again not true, sure some Australian's are dumb arses, but they are the ones who blindly think NFL players are geniuses. Hate to break the news to you but top tier College Talent will not be allowed to fail their grades. It just won't happen.

http://www.espn.com/page2/s/closer/020228.html

The average NFL combiner scores about the same as the average applicant for any other job, a 21. A 20 indicates the test-taker has an IQ of 100, which is average.

Some people disagree with the whole idea of IQ testing because they believe the tests are culturally biased and inaccurate. But Charlie Wonderlic doesn't make grand claims for the score derived from his test. "What the score does is help match training methods with a player's ability," he says. "It could be a playbook -- what is the best way to teach a player a play? On the field, the higher the IQ, the greater the ability to understand and handle contingencies and make sound decisions on the fly."

In general, says Wonderlic, "The closer you are to the ball, the higher your score."

This assessment roughly corresponds to the averages revealed, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, by an NFL personnel man in Paul Zimmerman's "The New Thinking man's Guide to Pro Football," which are:

Offensive tackles: 26
Centers: 25
Quarterbacks: 24
Guards: 23
Tight Ends: 22
Safeties: 19
Middle linebackers: 19
Cornerbacks: 18
Wide receivers: 17
Fullbacks: 17
Halfbacks: 16

The average scores in other professions look like this:

Chemist: 31
Programmer: 29
Newswriter: 26
Sales: 24
Bank teller: 22
Clerical Worker: 21
Security Guard: 17
Warehouse: 15
Respectfully, I disagree with your post.

The reason I disagree is because I'm not sure how accurate the data provided in your linked article is.

Maybe the American universities are discriminating against college football players by saying they have low IQs?

For example: Harvard was recently accused of discriminating against Asian-Amercians in order to let white people into their university, here: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/15/harvard-discrimination-case-personal-rating-system, here: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-...mative-action-is-on-trial-in-the-harvard-case, and here: https://www.vox.com/2018/10/18/1798...cans-affirmative-action-racial-discrimination

A lot of college football players are black. Maybe American universities don't want black people attending their campuses?

NFL players aren't dumb (i.e., have low IQs).

Also, your post is quite discriminatory toward security guards.

I stand by and still agree with what GKD said.

Rugby league = dummies.
NFL = Rhode Scholar calibre gentlemen.

carcharias

Immortal
Its alright Carch, I was sick of reading about the respective merits of NFL and thought this thread could use some livening up - thanks for your efforts in that regard.

I'm not confronted by Gal at all though. He is sadly predictable and all about Gal. Much like on the field.

Predictable like when he laid on that superb grand final try for Barba?

Totally fooled the 900000 people there and the millions watching on tv.

See what I did there?
I turned a topic about Holmes going to the NFL into the sharks grand final win.

Latest posts