What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VALE

The Rosco

Bench
Thoughts and Prayers.
The sacrifice he made is an amazing thing.
Honestly, how many of us would give up our free time to endanger our own lives to help protect folks we might not even know. Total respect for these brave guys and girls.
We must honour them by not making the same mistakes next fire season (next summer), and re-introducing every preventative measure possible.

simmo05

Bench
Bobby Diamond (90yo) played for Wests, was an International and retired at age 24 after attempting a comeback from 2 broken legs in a motorbike accident.
Quick question, in this day and age, are players covered for injuries sustained in motorbike accidents? I can't think of many players who ride ( usual suspects excluded! )

Tigerm

First Grade
Quick question, in this day and age, are players covered for injuries sustained in motorbike accidents? I can't think of many players who ride ( usual suspects excluded! )
Don't know, but it is a legitimate form of transport so it should be. Kerry Hemsley (old Tigers forward) used to ride his bike to the game, but they were different times.

Tigerm

First Grade
Noel Kelly - age 84

Rugby league legend Noel Kelly has died aged 84.

Kelly played 111 games for Wests Magpies between 1961-1969 including three consecutive NSWRFL grand finals from 1961 to 1963. He played as captain-coach from 1966-1969.

In 2008, Kelly was named at hooker for the Australian Rugby League's Team of the Century.

"As tough as they came, he was sent off 17 times playing for his beloved Wests. His send-off 90 seconds into the 1967 second test again New Zealand will always remain part of our folklore.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
A sad day,.Ned will forever have a place in my heart,

As a youngster I was going through some major issues but my life was aided considerably by Noel Kelly.
My first contact with the great man was standing outside the changing sheds at Pratten Park watching the reserve grade and having a conversation with possibly one of the toughest men in the game.
He was such a gentleman and talked with me as though I was an equal, asking my thoughts about the game and chatting as though we where friends.
How I loved to see him smash the "baddies"
It was an absolute blessing to be able to stand along side and talk with my real life super hero on more than one occasion.
Many years later I had the good fortune to hire a house boat from him.It would have been hard for someone who didn't know him as a footballer to think he was a tough guy. My wife, who has no interest in footballer was impressed by what a kind, helpful gentleman he was.

My condolences to his family and friends. The great Noel (Ned) Kelly is a true legend.

Tigerm

First Grade
A sad day,.Ned will forever have a place in my heart,

As a youngster I was going through some major issues but my life was aided considerably by Noel Kelly.
My first contact with the great man was standing outside the changing sheds at Pratten Park watching the reserve grade and having a conversation with possibly one of the toughest men in the game.
He was such a gentleman and talked with me as though I was an equal, asking my thoughts about the game and chatting as though we where friends.
How I loved to see him smash the "baddies"
It was an absolute blessing to be able to stand along side and talk with my real life super hero on more than one occasion.
Many years later I had the good fortune to hire a house boat from him.It would have been hard for someone who didn't know him as a footballer to think he was a tough guy. My wife, who has no interest in footballer was impressed by what a kind, helpful gentleman he was.

My condolences to his family and friends. The great Noel (Ned) Kelly is a true legend.
Good post.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Out of respect for the great man and his family I have chosen to let him rest in peace and have chosen an image of another all time great but my soul will remain connected to Ned the footballer.

gordsy

Juniors
I loved watching Peter Diamond play. Goes to show how old I am.
My dad was a magpies tragic and used to talk about what a tough winger Peter Diamond was.
Also told me Gil McDougal was a great player but stupid on the drink, allegedly.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
W
My dad was a magpies tragic and used to talk about what a tough winger Peter Diamond was.
Also told me Gil McDougal was a great player but stupid on the drink, allegedly.
What does he have to say about the orginal Joe cool Don Parish?

Latest posts