What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VALE

Two players had it over Wally Lewis, the great Brett Kenny and Olsen Filipaina, he who introduced rugby league to the Maori sidestep.

What a player.

RIP.

WA Tiger

Bench
Vaigaa Tuigamala..”Inga the winger” ..Played for the All Blacks and Wigan..Died 4 days ago from what I can only guess was weight issues. I accidentally stumbled across the news today.. One of my heroes. He was like Olsen for knocking over defenders but his sidestep/ balance, elusiveness and ability to score tries, for me has been matched by very, very few players before and since..especially for a big man but also regardless.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Just watching some highlights on the news- man, that ball that turned and got Mike Gatting was phenomenal. Warney had a generation of kids wanting to be spin bowlers. Just like Marshall and the flick pass.

Is this the sad thing of getting old - enduring the people you respected and admired in your life pass? Too many going now, its getting scarey. Still, their memory remains.

stryker

First Grade
I still can’t believe Warnie’s name has been added to this list.
Very shocked and saddened by the news.

WA Tiger

Bench
52 used to be old..it was about the age lots of guys used to die of heart attacks etc from too much alcohol and cigs

Warne was big on dieting but I didnt hear anything about him doing any exercise…

I’m learning about him much more, from checking out the videos etc. He was a very cool dude. Worth 50 million, staying in $3k a night accommodation.
Ponting is taking it very hard. For me That says a lot..

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Vale Peter Kelly​

AuthorWests TigersTimestampThu 17 Mar 2022, 09:52 AM

Wests Tigers would like to extend its condolences to the family of Peter Kelly following his recent passing.
A talented fullback, Kelly played for Balmain Tigers during the 1964, kicking 23 goals in first grade.

Tigerm

First Grade
Souths great John O'Neill chasing Jim Cody, 1969 at SCG

Souths great John O'Neill chasing Jim Cody, 1969 at SCG

Vale Jim Cody

A tough and mobile forward, Cody played for the Magpies for more than a decade after making his first-grade debut in 1962. He passed away last night, aged 79.

I attached this picture to remember Souths thinking they just had to turn up to win the grand final that year against the mighty Tigers 😂 😂 😂 🤣 🤣 🤣 😂 😂 😂 I was much much younger in them days😂

Attachments

• 1669708197767.png
    1669708197767.png
    720.3 KB · Views: 1

Tigerm

First Grade

Vale Bob Cooper​

Wests Tigers are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of former Western Suburbs Magpies second-rower, Bob Cooper.

The towering forward died on Friday night after battling cancer, aged 67.

Cooper was a Lidcombe local and played his junior rugby league for Benedict Club before being graded by the Magpies in 1976. He won a premiership with Wests Under 23s in 1977 before moving to the forwards where he used his 1.96m frame to good effect.

He played 76 games for the Magpies from 1977 to 1982 and four for the North Sydney Bears in 1984.

Latest posts