What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes.

Since 73

First Grade
Wish he had another 15 cms in height.
Bigger chest and physique than ET when he debuted. But id say ET was taller?
ET got his chance in firsts at a younger age and never went back.
But the game was less defence orientated then and guys with a running game were better for it.

Also those skills were better suited under Langy.
Young debutants like peach ET and Rat just brought their game to first grade and Langy allowed them to replicate it.

Notta so much under Flanno.

But VH has the swerve and intuition you cant coach. So he is the goods but not sure whether his best chance to shine is in the BWB.

That is the biggest question mark i have.

Last edited:

webShark

But the game was less defence orientated then and guys with a running game were better for it.

Young debutants like peach ET and Rat just brought their game to first grade and Langy allowed them to replicate it.

But VH has the swerve and intuition you cant coach. So he is the goods but not sure whether his best chance to shine is in the BWB.

Seems similar to Milford to me which is a good thing.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Actually ET was dropped after just 2 games and came back into the side from the bench.

cb4

First Grade

2m tall? Why?

Inside_Pass67

Juniors
Did not stand up in u20 Origin at all. Coaching staff INCREDIBLY disappointed by his performance for Queensland's youngsters.

webShark

Did not stand up in u20 Origin at all. Coaching staff INCREDIBLY disappointed by his performance for Queensland's youngsters.

Didn't want to say it first but hard to disagree. Seems to have low involvement and hides in games that are being lost. Doesn't augur well if he remains a Shark.

Snoop Shark

First Grade

Not one player stood up in the QLD mob. Don't think it was entirely Val's fault...especially when the 5/8 tried doing everything himself

webShark

Not one player stood up in the QLD mob. Don't think it was entirely Val's fault...especially when the 5/8 tried doing everything himself
No certainly not his fault. Lloyd Perrett was ok. Don't think Milford was entirely to blame either. Must like last year. At this level,NSW look further developed as footballers. Stick to the game plan more and miss less tackles. Plus,as I said after Round 1 of the 20s, Mamo is electric. Seen him excel at FB and on the wing now. Another poster said he was up himself. Hope it wasn't the same poster who wanted Fergo.