What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Well I did miss his 40/20 save so I'll give him that, he does seem nervous which is fair enough and his self assessment of not communicating enough does seem accurate. Which does show he is aware of what he needs to work on.

Then he doea go and get a little bit of involvement and looks good, then Milford gets an obstruction call.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
51LNn8waerL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Jaegerex

Juniors
That is was, Milford did well to keep a hold of it and this time give Holmes the ball so they can spread it rather than kill off the play.

Jaegerex

Juniors
He impresses me... electric running, seems to read the game well.

His running is good, Milford in the halves isn't helping him at all, but he is showing the odd sign of his nerves getting the better of him.
Not quite ready for firsts but definitely worth sticking with and prepping more for a debut in a side he is comfortable with.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Cronullafied indeed, hopefully not another long term injury from a Hawk playing rep footy, it didn't look bad so this seems unlikely.

Weaponhead

Coach
Shitting himself.

First grade would ruin him

I think you are right at the moment. I was looking to see if he would impose himself on the game. Instead he looked hesitant.

No doubt he has heaps of ability running the ball but I am not sure he has the maturity to handle the step up now. Keep him dominating under 20s and get the timing right for his promotion.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Still needs to give him a game or 2 in firsts.

That will help his confidence develop, overall.

He does need that experience and confidence, have him training in position with the firsts if he isn't already, so then at least he will be comfortable with those he has around him, Milford didn't do him any favours.