What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

txta2

Bench
Are well farkk him you can't keep em all, or any in Flannos case... may as well get Barba and Hayne for the full house of shitty fullbacks

This is probably the first time I can ever remember NQ going and targeting a current out and out star of the game from another club.

In the early years it was has beens and never were’s that we would throw cash at. Thurston was offered big money to move north but was a bench/reserve grade player with a lot of talent at the time of his signing. And most of our other players have been either developed by the club or cast offs from other teams.

You lot won’t hear me gloat and carry on if he does sign with NQ, I just wished we had of identified him early and kept him when he was a teen. You lot did all the hard work. His missus would have played a massive part in wanting to go home (like Tamou’s, but at least Val can actually play) but I also think he just wants to go home. I honestly can’t blame him, god knows I would love to be able to move back home to NQ and earn a decent living.

i also hope we announce his signing (if it happens) with a bit of decency and respect to the Sharks. I still have memories of Craig Wing being announced by souths with a year to run with the chooks with Crowe and souths sponsors in the background and it was a pretty shit look IMO. I pray we make a simple announcement and that’s it. Do the fanfare when he can wear the NQ colours.
Good post and nice sentiment, beave.
Cheers

bluefox68

Staff member
This is probably the first time I can ever remember NQ going and targeting a current out and out star of the game from another club.

In the early years it was has beens and never were’s that we would throw cash at. Thurston was offered big money to move north but was a bench/reserve grade player with a lot of talent at the time of his signing. And most of our other players have been either developed by the club or cast offs from other teams.

You lot won’t hear me gloat and carry on if he does sign with NQ, I just wished we had of identified him early and kept him when he was a teen. You lot did all the hard work. His missus would have played a massive part in wanting to go home (like Tamou’s, but at least Val can actually play) but I also think he just wants to go home. I honestly can’t blame him, god knows I would love to be able to move back home to NQ and earn a decent living.

i also hope we announce his signing (if it happens) with a bit of decency and respect to the Sharks. I still have memories of Craig Wing being announced by souths with a year to run with the chooks with Crowe and souths sponsors in the background and it was a pretty shit look IMO. I pray we make a simple announcement and that’s it. Do the fanfare when he can wear the NQ colours.
My wife goes for NQ, so if she’s happy, that’s a win for me!

Quigs

Immortal
010-adventures-of-superman-theredlist.jpg

Hubba, hubba, hubba. Now there was a Lois !!!!!

Quigs

Immortal
If I said it once I must of said it a thousand times. (That) Lois could get my pipe and slippers anytime she liked.

Surely

Post Whore
Cmon
We’re on men on a footy forum
We’d be lucky to handle Margot kidder let alone Margot Robbie
Don’t even think about adding another hot chick into the equation.

Maybe but I'd enjoy myself disappointing them none the less

snout

First Grade
A little sweetener from the Cows for Vals shift.

We also have your qld teammate Josh.