What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

Stake Removed

First Grade
Remember his is the NRL who just paid $250k, to remove the southern cross from there logo and the color gold, each day each decision is just a joke

Chimp

Bench
Remember this is the awards where Ruan Sims got caught not watching game but giving points how many others did that, plus example Buderus awarding points involving his old club, just another day at the NRL it never ends
Pretty sure Buderus is actually still an employee at the Knights.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ridiculous that former players affiliated with clubs get to vote. You see it all the time from Wally Lewis and other old Queens land players. They always vote for their own even after they get flogged.
NRL is a complete joke of an organisation.

Yes. Felix got 11 of his points from Queenslanders. That includes the Qld coach.

Like I said. Patterns everywhere

Where did you hear this?

I don’t doubt you, I’m just living in hope still. :rolling_eyes:
I’m currently holidaying in Nth QLD with a mate who works for one of nth qlds sponsors.

As a courtesy the club keeps them up to date on player acquisitions. As you would when trying to keep a sponsor or pitch a contribution increase.

taipan

Referee
Just from a layman's perspective, from what I have seen over the years, when the wee wife or partner's relos live elsewhere,it is one hell of an influence on a player ,if a club nearby is chasing him.And the club invariably gets their man.

So it looks like this/next year we get an upgraded Chinese restaurant and a departing star player.
Quality food over a quality player.That's the Cronulla way.

There's going to be a rush on crying towels.

beave

Coach
This is probably the first time I can ever remember NQ going and targeting a current out and out star of the game from another club.

In the early years it was has beens and never were’s that we would throw cash at. Thurston was offered big money to move north but was a bench/reserve grade player with a lot of talent at the time of his signing. And most of our other players have been either developed by the club or cast offs from other teams.

You lot won’t hear me gloat and carry on if he does sign with NQ, I just wished we had of identified him early and kept him when he was a teen. You lot did all the hard work. His missus would have played a massive part in wanting to go home (like Tamou’s, but at least Val can actually play) but I also think he just wants to go home. I honestly can’t blame him, god knows I would love to be able to move back home to NQ and earn a decent living.

i also hope we announce his signing (if it happens) with a bit of decency and respect to the Sharks. I still have memories of Craig Wing being announced by souths with a year to run with the chooks with Crowe and souths sponsors in the background and it was a pretty shit look IMO. I pray we make a simple announcement and that’s it. Do the fanfare when he can wear the NQ colours.

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
I'm disappointed Val is leaving but Barba is the more complete player. Put the kids on the wings, as long s they can tackle and catch a pinpoint pass, Barbs will make them all look like Val Holmes.

Let's just hope Barbs comes back!

Generalzod

Immortal
Me to I’ll be disappointed if Val goes but you can’t force him to stay..He’ll be a huge loss to the team...our loss NQ gain.

sandshark

Bench
If he goes, he goes. It's been a good run for him.
I for one look forward to see how we transition.
Fresh fullback or an experienced one? Gonna be interesting.

Quigs

Immortal
Put me into the I don't really care group. Currently I am very cynical about everything League.
Coaches, players, admins all playing silly buggers with f**k youse attitudes.

Nearly over it. Who is it in here that keeps posting up, "I don't care we've won one", well I'm with him / her right now.

Latest posts