What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vatuvei should of been suspended

dogslife

Coach
Manu's tackle wasn't as bad as Frank's, not that I though there was too much wrong with Frank's. Leeson Ah Mau's "tackle" was worse than Frank's

Loudstrat

Coach
I wonder if Hasler has taken the whinge out of Manly and plonked it in Canterbury?The way he carries on Pritchard has been framed for being the mastermind behind 9/11.

Lambretta

First Grade
Talk of charging Manu is next to f**king laughable. The runner slips and Manu collects him high accidentally. Manu can't disappear and the man running the ball fell quite sharply right at the last second.

It was not intentional and it was caused by the action of the ball runner.

If defenders are expected to be able to take into account the movements, or slips of other people and have to face judiciaries over them, then we're a f**king joke.

No case to answer at all and all the commentators I heard talk about it are of the same opinion.

As for Pritchard, his record went against him. His hit was not the same as Manu's as the runner didn't fall anywhere near as much before contact was made but he dipped his head bringing his face into line with Pritchards shoulder at the last second. Pritchard had him lined up great and had it not been for that last second adjustment it would have been a great hit, nothing more. I thought Frank was deeply unlucky to get cited for it. I'd hate to see the shoulder charge rubbed out of League. But it appears we're getting so concerned about head injuries that it will be gone before long.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Simmons had bounded off the right foot and was nowhere near his normal height, similar to Tonga being lower in his run as well.

Bottom line? Either both should've been the same charge, or neither be charged at all.

Even if Vatuvei escaped suspension on a charge - fine, but recognise his tackle was "as dangerous" as Pritchard.

juanfarkall

Coach
Yeah I just read what the geniuss are writing in the readers comments section of the DT. As if they are the same tackle.

Haven't read the comments section but am amused by the irony.
Dogs fans have a right to be angry

Most geniuss who get published by the DT collect a regular wage from News Ltd and are generally referred to as "staff"

skeepe

Immortal
Simmons had bounded off the right foot and was nowhere near his normal height, similar to Tonga being lower in his run as well.

Bottom line? Either both should've been the same charge, or neither be charged at all.

Even if Vatuvei escaped suspension on a charge - fine, but recognise his tackle was "as dangerous" as Pritchard.

No Tim.

Doga

Juniors
There was nothing in both tackles.

They were identical. They were both penalties. They should have both been left there.

The Ah Mau tackle though was malicious and deliberate and should have been graded much higher.

I don't think the judiciary are biased. They are just f**king stupid.

blain

Juniors
I only saw Pritchards once, although similar, Simmons was always coming in low. With Manu's Tonga slipped at the last step, and most impact was taken on shoulder anyway.

The ref called play on, but Manu being a good bastard stuck around and helped Tonga.

God I hate Des, such a little whiny b*itch.

POPEYE

Coach
Crap . . . nothing in it. They should make him run on one leg next game though just to remind him how close he came

40/20

Juniors
Make it a black-and-white issue on blows to the head.By making any hit to the head a penalty and suspension it would create a standard that everyone would have to live up to.
No grey areas on whether the player meant to do it or not.No grey area on whether the player who recieves the blow had lowered himself making it difficult to avoid being struck in the head.
No second guesses,you hit a player in the head,you are penalized,Period.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Jesus

I would like someone to point out to me what Vatuvei actually did wrong. Surely actually doing something wrong should be a prerequisite for a charge? fmd.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Make it a black-and-white issue on blows to the head.By making any hit to the head a penalty and suspension it would create a standard that everyone would have to live up to.
No grey areas on whether the player meant to do it or not.No grey area on whether the player who recieves the blow had lowered himself making it difficult to avoid being struck in the head.
No second guesses,you hit a player in the head,you are penalized,Period.

This is completely absurd. You can't penalize defenders for accidental contact initiated by the ball-carrier!

JoeD

First Grade
You'll end up with defenders running head first into the chest of tacklers to milk a penalty