What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VB ads

Booyah

Bench
Twizzle said:
The new adds are probably different baceuse John Mellion passed away a few years ago

A few?

He's been dead since 1989. :lol:

And for the record, VB used him until his death, then they used his son John jnr, and finally they used a digitally enhanced version of John snr until they changed it again.

I am drinking a VB now you hicks. By doing so I am keeping in touch with the common man as I look down upon thee from my castle of the aristocracy.

As a matter of fact, I've got it now!

SirShire

First Grade
:lol: :lol:

There really is nothing like a VB (when you're running out of the $$). No beer can perform so many tasks. Get someone drunk. Relieve pain. Cause pain. Can be thrown at people.

An41

Juniors
i want to try a case of little creatures pale ale but that'll will involve me not eating for the next 2 weeks. $60 for a case :cry:

DJ Raida

Bench
oh baby, boags is so sweet, and they got all these new billboards, i keep driving past and going damn i want a boags right now so bad

swineape

Juniors
I work for CUB and thought I would throw in a couple of bits and pieces.

VB accounted for over $1 billion in retail sales in 2004 financial year

Over 9000 middies of VB are poured in pubs every hour

1 packaged VB is drunk every second of every day in Australia

I personally think the new ads are getting away from what VB stands for, but in saying that there is no longer the brand loyalty that there used to be 20 odd years ago. Like I have heard on this thread, everybody is willing to try something new or have a few beers that they would regularly drink in there repitoire. There arent as many dedicated VB men around anymore. The people who make these ads are metros themselves, so they think the new ads are the best thing ever - Fools!

Latest posts