What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VB Sevens

Nfed

Juniors
Following the cancellation of the World 7's in 2005, St Marys Leagues Club has decided to conduct the VB 7's on 11-12 February. 16-20 teams from around the world as well as the NSWRL foundation clubs will be participating.

mono_mal

Juniors
Any word on the Jim Beam Cup Sevens and if the winner will be represented in the VB Sevens?
Sydney Bulls had the potential to make the main draw last year though were fairly dissapointing in my opinion at the qualifiers. The raw speed and elusiveness of their outside backs makes them very suitable to the shorter form of the game.

Last word on the Jim Beam 7's was following this years event at Windsor where they stated they intended to continue the competition in 2005 possibly at Express Advocate Stadium.

Nfed

Juniors
I get the feeling that the Bulls thought the had the semi spot wrapped up after they beat the Maori but the second game was very dissappointing. When the passes stick they are brilliant and when they dont it is pretty shabby.

The other factor was they lacked some grunt up front. Jasson Asplet is too slow for 7's and Chris Smith too small but I presume that Ryan Asplet was injured and Shackleton was playing trials for St George Illawarra in Queensland and NZ at that stage. There might be a few red faces at Saints if he plays NRL against them in 2005.

King Tigerman

Juniors
they should play it at penrith because if advertisied right weekender stadium will be too small the qualifying day last year would have gotten a few extra thousand if it didnt pour down rain at 4.30-5

Nfed

Juniors
The Windsor 7's will be played on 5 february and winner will go through to St Marys the following week. There will be provision for 5 teams from outside JBC to play in Windsor 7's.

The 7's at St Marys will be played on both the main game and the training field.

mono_mal

Juniors
Will be interesting to see the 5 additional teams included in the competition and whether the NSWRL will target clubs that are potential inclusions in forthcoming JBC competitions.
Hopefully the added teams will possess a standard higher than that displayed by Narellan last year who were simply outclassed in both their games.

Jeffles

Bench
Windsor is too bloody hot.

Last year I heard the player amenities were quite poor considering the weather. They better fix that up.

Bluebag

Juniors
It was way too hot,no breeze the tents all together not allowing any circulation. The jerseys were dry between games in those tents.

Nfed

Juniors
12 sides to play in VB Sevens: Cook Islands, Malta, Fiji A, NZ Residents, NZ Maori, American Samoa, Penrith-St Marys Cougars, Western Suburbs, Jim Beam winner, St Marys A grade, Doonside A grade & NSW Tertiary.

yappy

Bench
Our side is:

1. Shannon GALLANT
2. Ben YELAVICH
3. Michael CROCKETT
4. Benjamin ROBERTS
5. Nick KOUPARITSAS
6. Isaac DeGOIS ©
7. Liam FULTON
8. Sika TEAUPU
9. Shannon McDONNELL
10. Ryan BORG
11. Andrew HAMPSON
12. Aaron BEATH

Shame more of the foundation clubs aren't coming. It was good to see the Tigers and Bears last year, and the Bluebags should have made the effort too.

We'll give this a big shake. Cougars will be tough to crack, and you can't discount the Kiwi's, Fijians, JBC or even the Maltese, but they'll struggle with Borgy calling the shots for us this time. Looking forward to Saturday week big time.

Angel Bear

Juniors
Yappy,As a local love tocome to your site for all the info, but can't stand the way it rolls around.
Does everyone have this problem.

yappy

Bench
I can't reproduce the problem on my 'pute, but I've had a little tinker around - is it still giving you grief?

Angel Bear

Juniors
Every time I visit, which is everyday. What happens it that it blinks on and off the screen every couple of seconds. Can't read, unless I learn to speed read. This is the only site that this happens with. I have even tried another computer. Hasn't anyone else complained about this. Any help would be appreciated. Love al the local gossip

mightybears

Bench
i had the same problem last time i visited
again, like angel the only site i have this problem with
[i have other problems with say broncos/scab sites, but thats my pathology]

the reason bringbackthebears hasn't posted in a while!

Angel Bear

Juniors
Yappy, you may see one of own, the grapevine tells me that Brad Soper (who has been training with the Wests 1st Dvn) will playing in the sevens for Ourimbah this Saturday. He has started training with them and has moved to the Central Coast.

yappy

Bench
I asked Rick Wayde about that. Sopes used to live with Rick. He's had some injury problems so he looks like he'll be given a chance to get himself 100% and then could be called up for us if required. Good to see Macca at the Jets. I was a bit at a loss as to why we didn't re-sign him. He mightn't be the flashiest player around, but he's honest as.

Do we have a programme for Saturday yet? Any other sides named?

MRLA

Juniors
MALTA
Steven Azzopardi –Seven Hills, Parramatta A Grade
Scott Borg – Wests Magpies Jersey Flegg
Shane Magro –St George Illawarra Dragons Development
Paul Harris –University, Illawarra Cup A Grade
Paul Galea –Illawarra Cup A Grade
Steven Galea – Parramatta A Grade
Jeremy Lateo –Burleigh Bears, QLD Cup
Paul Marzella –Burleigh Bears, QLD Cup
Ben Montague –Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Brendan Russell- Brothers, Mackay A Grade
Adam Demanuele –Brothers, Penrith A Grade
Matt Zammit –Blacktown City, Penrith A Grade
Head Coach- Joe GRIMA
Assistant Coach- Tony FARR
Manager- Mark SULTANA

ST MARYS-PENRITH COUGARS (Premier League)
Paul AITON
Damien BLANCH
Matthew CROSS
Michael GORDON
David McLEAN ©
John NUMAALII
Matthew POW
Grant PURDON
Jono ROLFE
Peter WALLACE
COACH: John LANG

FIJI BATI A