What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vegas/Rnd 1 thread.

Quigs

Immortal
Who do the outside back sue if they hit the concrete walls like the cars in the nascar races.

bluefox68

Staff member
I’m probably bitter and twisted, but I can’t get excited about the whole Vegas junket.
I’m tipping the NRL to keep sending the same 4 teams each year with some lame excuse like, “We need to encourage familiarity and fan engagement.”

It makes me sick the RORTERS and the DONKEYS get preferential treatment.

What did Penrith and the Storm do to get excluded?

bluefox68

Staff member
The image of Alfie Langer sitting in the plane looking like the cat that swallowed the canary made me want to vomit.
I wonder how much he’s blown so far…!?!

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I’m probably bitter and twisted, but I can’t get excited about the whole Vegas junket.
I’m tipping the NRL to keep sending the same 4 teams each year with some lame excuse like, “We need to encourage familiarity and fan engagement.”

It makes me sick the RORTERS and the DONKEYS get preferential treatment.

What did Penrith and the Storm do to get excluded?
Said no. But Penrith had WCC

The sharks weren’t interested and I hope they never go.

Reactions: PJ

Quigs

Immortal
You could just imagine it if the Sharks were part of the show.

We'd have Toby done up as Elvis, Dale(C) done up as Wayne Newton, and Cam(C ) done up as Jerry Lewis.

Furhuck who I have playing the part of Dean Martin.

But hey, we've got to get a Vegas Rat Pack together if we want to be involved.

If it is a rotation of teams like Vlandys said

We would certainly be in next batch or one after, I am sure Fitz if we are up next will be on the phone to Robbo asking for some insight.
Taking that no of these teams win next season.
Panthers
Cowboys - they will want to take a Qld team
Sharks - we would certainly be in next rank
Tigers - they will have to start to take some bottom teams at some stage

Frenzy.

Immortal
Has anyone had a look at the field they literally wheeled in? It's smaller than I thought it was and just by the shorts on Fox, it doesn't look like much room off the touchline. I could be wrong though, usually NFL grounds have plenty of room on the sidelines, just seems tiny though.

Watch this about 30 seconds in: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/03/01/vegas-wrapped-fan-fest-stadium-technology-and-more/

There's enough room on the sidelines. Probably as much as Shark Park has.

1709357988887.png

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah OK but I don't care either. Sick of people just being critical for critcisms sake. I think the whole thing is great.

I haven't heard on any TV show, podcast, read in any paper that there are concerns from players, coaches, CEOs, other NRL officials et all about the room on the sideline. The width yes, but not that.

Not only that, every snorkel who wants to criticise will watch. Probably only so more criticism can be levelled at the venture.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I’m not criticising it. I’m looking forward to it. But that ingoal is f**ked.