What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vella

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
ME have you been playing computer games with DvdHntr?

Seriously, Vella was once a winger and while his size and speed would be an advantage however his lateral defence and mobility in defence would be seriously questioned.

Well then the answer is to play him wider in attack as a centre and in the forwards in defence.

PB

Bench
Vella was fine. he dropped the ball a couple of times, but in the sweaty conditions, just about every player from both teams did.

He missed 3 tackles. 2 were bouncing off Webcke. And he dint miss them cause he was grabbing, he missed because he was over enthusiastic and got to close to his opponent before setting himself. I can forgive a bloke for trying too hard and making an error.

As for Kat defending poorly. He was required to make zero tackles on the day. So how you can say his defence was poor staggers me!

Freak

Juniors
IMO Vella should or is on notice.
Big Justin will be back from injury soon and if Vella puts in another mediocre performance next week I hope he is dropped.
NewmanJ I respect your judgements and yes Vella has talent but form can be found in lower grades.

IMO Cayless was below his best yesterday as well and perhaps a shift back up front is also waranted considering Pearson and Vella's early season form.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Colonel Eel said:
ME have you been playing computer games with DvdHntr?

Seriously, Vella was once a winger and while his size and speed would be an advantage however his lateral defence and mobility in defence would be seriously questioned.
Just a brain snap I had this morning. I don't know what I was thinking. :lol:

half

Coach
i dissed him last week cos he deserved it, but in my eyes vella was our star performer tonight - truly a classic prop display

by god i hope he can keep playing like he did tonight. if he does he'll be a crack at origin fo sho

Chipmunk

Coach
Vella has to be kept motivated for us to go well. He is our most mobile Front Rower and we need his speed around the play the ball. The other Front Rowers (Cannings, Stapleton, Peek) just arent mobile enough. We need more from Front-Rowers coming off the bench.

It looked liked that Cannings has some kind of arm injury. Could be out for a while.