What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vettori quits as Test captain

JJ

Immortal
Agree on Broom getting a shot, disagree about Arnel being retained, he's got nothing and about 5-6 bowlers in domestic cricket could do a better job in test cricket then him.

if we could catch, he would have had a 5-fer against the Pakis...

I am not a fan, but not sure anyone's better... Milne perhaps in a year or so

For tests Broom>>>>>>>>>>Guptil atm

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Vettori would be lucky to break in to the South Australian shield team let alone the test team.

hmmm... I am no Vettori fan, but having watched Doherty, Hauritz, Krezja, White, Smith and others bowl as 'spin' options for Aust - your statement is a little silly really

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm... I am no Vettori fan, but having watched Doherty, Hauritz, Krezja, White, Smith and others bowl as 'spin' options for Aust - your statement is a little silly really

how is that so if none of the players you mention play for Sth Australia ?

JJ

Immortal
how is that so if none of the players you mention play for Sth Australia ?

He said "let alone the test team" I was making the assumption that those playing international cricket were better than those playing for SA... something he was saying...

Vettori would not have played test cricket for Australia he wouldn't have taken wickets in domestic cricket - probably wouldn't have even made a shield team - and since he wouldn't be captain would not have been able to bowl himself at one end unchanged for half a day the time that he is required to take wickets. Sure, he'd have cleaned up NZ but hey so did Nathan Hauritz. He would have also spent 10 years behind Shane Warne and not got a look in with MacGill as #2 and probably would have packed up and left for NZ to get a game.

JJ

Immortal
Sure, he'd have cleaned up NZ but hey so did Nathan Hauritz.

So 3/119 is "cleaning up"??? (or 8 wickets at 45?)

FFS, don't let facts get in your way

and the statement you jumped on (not from me) was
"He would walk into our Test Team,prob even be Captain"

Implies present tense, not going back to birth and hypothesising on how Vettori might have developed if born in Aust

Last edited:
He was near unplayable for NZ at Adelaide even allowing for a bowler, wicketkeeper and two men at deep mid-wicket they still couldn't put him away :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
What the hell is up with him staying on the field when he's clearly injured? Imagine being the bowler watching what should only be a single at the death being spanked through wide mid-off because Vettori is posing down there protecting an injury. He should have been taken off. It cost them 3 runs at a crucial stage. It seems typical of Vettori, he's all about the stats, he seems a fairly selfish character at times with how he wants to run the show, who he wants as coach, and what forms of the game he is talking about playing in the future (test cricket when he can't spin the ball, and not limited overs formats where he's quite effective for bowling leg stump darts).