What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice your opinion - yes price no sheens

Mr Red

First Grade
No I haven't but you know Merrin means it when comes and says "he's a coach I want to play for, he's the same as bennett in that way that you want to win for him"...

I'm trying to find the article on the dragons website where I read it...

You don't say he's like bennett if your just talking shit.

i think you're barking up the wrong tree - there has never been any questioning the players putting in and wanting to play for Price. However the question is that all their efforts could be wasted if Price doesnt given them the right game plan and tactics to use their efforts towards..
there is no doubt the players put in each week, but just towards a dud game plan.

Elias1983

Coach
i think you're barking up the wrong tree - there has never been any questioning the players putting in and wanting to play for Price. However the question is that all their efforts could be wasted if Price doesnt given them the right game plan and tactics to use their efforts towards..
there is no doubt the players put in each week, but just towards a dud game plan.

Fair enough, the guy went with his plan it didn't work so results and pressure has meant he needed to change it up a bit.

It's not the first time it's happened, he's young he will make mistakes.

It's a like a player who has a bad habit in his game and it takes years to get it right, all i'm saying is give Price till at least august to prove his worth.

If the team hasn't improved then punt him, if he has then good.

We are in a position wher we can afford to wait to make a decision on this, it's not like people are lining up for Price and it's not like there are plenty of coaches out there to sign.

If anything, waiting might be better because who knows what might come up later in the year in terms of other coaches being available.

Old_Timer

Juniors
The argument that Price was a victim of circumstance (our ageing squad) is poppycock in my opinion. Price chose to ride with what was on offer and he navigated both the course and destination.

Tis a very poor Captain that blames a nautical catastrophe on the crew.

Cagey Mac

Bench
The argument that Price was a victim of circumstance (our ageing squad) is poppycock in my opinion. Price chose to ride with what was on offer and he navigated both the course and destination.

Tis a very poor Captain that blames a nautical catastrophe on the crew.

Sounds like something you picked up in Casablanca bordell during the great war ;-)

BrissyRedV

Bench
you are correct in saying there are many benchmarks/parameters to measure this by however....

Irrespective of the squad any coach "inherits" the fact is that they signed on for the job fully aware of the state of the current squad (whether that be good or bad).
in most cases the squad they inherit is 99% percent the same as the squad the previous coach had at his disposal at the end of the previous season.
so IMO the coach signing on for the gig can be measured against the squad that ran out for the previous season 5 months earlier, and the previous coaches ability to get results with that same squad..

Then what does that say about Bennett and the Knights? He inherited a team from rick stone that finished in the 8and the next he finished where? Completely flawed argument.

possm

Coach
I think that if Price is the Board's preference for next year, the Board would have announced it by now. There is no good reason for them to keep it quiet and a very good reason for shouting it out.

Who is it likely to be if not Price? Sheens, Smith.........

Craig93

Juniors
announced just now by Phil Gould, Steve Price for another year with the option of another year after it.

possm

Coach
Wow isn't that great!

And the team is going so well, isn't that great!

Think I'll go and take a bex an lay down.

Latest posts