What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Parko1310

Juniors
Was always a calculated risk ( Hence the 1 year deal which is now void )

Very little available on the market that flanno wants on multiple year deals.
Indeed the market is extremely bare. I've proposed before we have a crack at Jonah Pezet. I know he's stated he's willing to wait before, but for how long? If he waits until Hughes is off contract he's not going to get a go until at least 2027. At the very least, maybe we could get a loan deal done for Pezet? Could even send someone like Tamale or Max Feagai in exchange on loan after they've just lost Olam. I'd be re-signing Sav longer term if we were to send him, for example, on loan first though.

TheRev

Coach
Flanno has some cup halves in mind (we should find out next week).. im not sure we would get Pezet even if we could guarantee him a 1st grade jersey (which we wont with Hunt/KFlan in place).

imo.. it has to be an experienced 21-27yr old kid who has no realistic 1st grade aspirations this year... who is willing to start out in NSW Cup, and who we can entice to leave immediately for a big pay increase (we have the money).. and them knowing that they are 100% going to be playing first grade this year.. its just a matter of when.

The reality for us is if we get 1 more injury to our spine.. particularly halves or hooker.. we have to start shuffling the deck, pulling players out of position to field a 1st grade side.. whoever we sign could easily end up starting in the halves or as a 14.

Victoire

Juniors
I was keen to see these two play and it's borderline catastrophic to have lost them (especially our halves depth)... but it's not COMPLETELY catastrophic. They were both depth after all. However, another injury or two in the halves and we're still faced with that Jack Bird-Paul Turner halves combo. Would really like Jayden Sullivan or even Zach Herring to still be with us. We need to sign another half again.. who the f is out there