What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Illusion

Bench
Personally i think the Dragons, should help with his rehab, it shouldn't be the players responsibility to pay for it, as a show of good faith and if after that we want to sign him up the following year we can.
The guys only young and as you say with rehab could turn out to be a very good player ...... So do we give him the chance to see if he can recover from his injury and then have the option to sign him ? It's a yes from me ........

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
The guys only young and as you say with rehab could turn out to be a very good player ...... So do we give him the chance to see if he can recover from his injury and then have the option to sign him ? It's a yes from me ........
Agree, the only problem, unless we can get the NRL to agree is that we have to carry him in the 30 man squad, i think thats why we have been so harsh

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Personally i think the Dragons, should help with his rehab, it shouldn't be the players responsibility to pay for it, as a show of good faith and if after that we want to sign him up the following year we can.
I have a couple of issues with this. Firstly, the injury was reported to have occurred on the 12th December, while he was well and truly still part of the Warriors. Secondly Volkman must have known something was pretty bad at this point, the Warriors must have known it was pretty bad at this point, yet they both decided to do nothing about and leave it to the next club. I now have a high level of distrust in both the Warriors AND Volkman. I'm certainly not convinced Volkman is an innocent party in all this. And thirdly, why do we want a spot tied up in a player we can't use? That's why the Warriors were getting rid of him, why should we pick up a hole in the roster?

I've no doubt his shoulder surgery and rehabilitation will be paid by someone other than Volkman, whether it's us, the Warriors, or the NRL. I'm not convinced he's someone we should be dealing with going into the future.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
He was when the injury occurred.
He's covered.
Just won't get a weekly pay.
When do the media let the truth get in the way of a good pile on.
I wonder if you could sign him on a train and trialists contract (our development list is full) in order to help with rehab AND keep him off our top 30 which seems to be the main goal.

Insurance covers his shoulder. We maintain good faith with a potential future signing, and we look good/smart to the public by looking after a player without a club and being the 'good guys' after potentially being on the wrong side of a rort.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Dodgy and unprofessional such as a hiring Flanagan with his back ground? Announcing a signing before it’s a done deal (then trying to delete all trace of that), and allowing an injured player to train before they’re contracted?
You’re right. That’s all much worse than potentially ruining a kids career by not providing sufficient care to him post surgery

Old Timer

Coach
He was when the injury occurred.
He's covered.
Just won't get a weekly pay.
When do the media let the truth get in the way of a good pile on.
If he is contracted then that can only be with us as he has a signed release from his previous contract with no special conditions from the Warriors (if he was still in rehab for his shoulder he would still be on their books) so therefore if he is to get weekly pay then that would be paid by us.

If he isn't contracted but suffers injury or damage to an injury then it will become a liability contest and as we placed him in the precarious position he will be more than likely suing us for injury, pain & suffering and loss of income and the players association will be backing that whilst uncovering every single piece of paperwork that remotely links him to us and you can bet your bottom dollar there is plenty of that to be found.

This is a monumental f**k up of the 1st order and shows the total lack of professionalism and that includes from the coaching staff.

St Tangles

Bench
If he is contracted then that can only be with us as he has a signed release from his previous contract with no special conditions from the Warriors (if he was still in rehab for his shoulder he would still be on their books) so therefore if he is to get weekly pay then that would be paid by us.

If he isn't contracted but suffers injury or damage to an injury then it will become a liability contest and as we placed him in the precarious position he will be more than likely suing us for injury, pain & suffering and loss of income and the players association will be backing that whilst uncovering every single piece of paperwork that remotely links him to us and you can bet your bottom dollar there is plenty of that to be found.

This is a monumental f**k up of the 1st order and shows the total lack of professionalism and that includes from the coaching staff.

He was contracted with the Warriors at the time of injury so in no way can we be held liable for the injury.
We did not injure him that is not being contested.
Insurance will cover him for the injury.
He will be unsuccessful in suing us for pain and suffering and would have more success suing the Warriors for that part as they failed in not properly treating him.
He however could be successful re loss of income as we announced the signing.
Did we muck up announcing the signing yes.
Was that stupid and unprofessional yes.
Could it cost us a spot on the roster who knows.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Why are the clubs and the players union all pointing fingers in the wrong direction?

This poor kid has been let down horribly by his manager. He should sack and sue him.

Who the hell signs off on a release 2 weeks before the new contract is signed? Especially when there is a history of injuries.

St Tangles

Bench

There is also documentation confirming he was injured at the Warriors.
There is also documentation he took a knock at Warriors training on the 12th of December.
I'd like to see what treatment he was given there as would any lawyer worth his pay packet.

St Tangles

Bench
Why are the clubs and the players union all pointing fingers in the wrong direction?

This poor kid has been let down horribly by his manager. He should sack and sue him.

Who the hell signs off on a release 2 weeks before the new contract is signed? Especially when there is a history of injuries.
We are copping it for announcing the signing before testing was complete and rightfully so.

However the Wahs who mistreated him and his manager who let him down appear to get off lightly on most social media sites.

We are an easy target at present and did ourselves no favours here.

Old Timer

Coach
He was contracted with the Warriors at the time of injury so in no way can we be held liable for the injury.
We did not injure him that is not being contested.
Insurance will cover him for the injury.
He will be unsuccessful in suing us for pain and suffering and would have more success suing the Warriors for that part as they failed in not properly treating him.
He however could be successful re loss of income as we announced the signing.
Did we muck up announcing the signing yes.
Was that stupid and unprofessional yes.
Could it cost us a spot on the roster who knows.
Considering you previously said he wasn't training which he clearly was then I'm not sure you are really up to speed with this.

He has a signed release from a previous employer with no contingencies noted and they paid out a portion of his former contract so agreement by all parties to leave.

We then gave and undertaking to look at him, made a commitment to sign him and then made an announcement.

All compelling arguments that we have a case to answer.

If this had of been Hook or Mc Fookknuckle at the helm this place would be ballistic but the new coach seems to be able to dodge the flack.

If anything he might have some redress with the surgeon re the "failure?" of the operation in respect of his ongoing career but that would depend on what conditions, do's and don'ts the surgeon placed on his recovery.

St Tangles

Bench
Considering you previously said he wasn't training which he clearly was then I'm not sure you are really up to speed with this.

He has a signed release from a previous employer with no contingencies noted and they paid out a portion of his former contract so agreement by all parties to leave.

We then gave and undertaking to look at him, made a commitment to sign him and then made an announcement.

If this had of been Hook or Mc Fookknuckle at the helm this place would be ballistic but the new coach seems to be able to dodge the flack.

If anything he might have some redress with the surgeon re the "failure?" of the operation in respect of his ongoing career but that would depend on what conditions, do's and don'ts the surgeon placed on his recovery.
I am not going to attempt to make this a personal debate as you have.
I'll just discuss with facts.

He was at training to continue testing as stated by the club.
He was clearly injured and reinjured at the Warriors you can not sign away liability for injuries.
His manager also signed the release before full clearance which is not standard practice.
Yes we stuffed up in announcing the signing and I stated that we may have a case to answer there.
I get that you dislike Flanno but the blame for this situation does not only fall on us.
The Warriors and his manager also played their part.
Is it a mess. Yes.
Are we part of the problem. Definitely yes.
Can all the blame for this be placed on us. NO.

Last edited:

Mc Fookknuckle!!!

hahahahaha love it

SEAT 1A

Bench

Agree AY. The club should pay a prorated income together with the Warriors. It's crap however, we can't throw him out on the scrap heap.

If Flanno was upset with Sloane, Volk should take a wide birth.