What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote one the Pirates

Mr Saab

Referee
Pirates huh? sounds very similar to the Hunter team in the NBL also called the Pirates.
titans is the only serious name they could choose...and i say they will.
Pirates is soooooooo fricken corny its not funny.

Mr Saab

Referee
sullyfan said:
I prefer the Gold Coast Crabs.

they dont want to be called after a sexual disease that more than likely 3 or more will contract by liasing with a stripper!

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Marlins and Stingers are ok the rest are pretty stupid. Pirates.. dunno and there is already an Aussie Basketball team with the name. Titans is just another american football rip off and they shouldn't have even put it in the thing because there is probably going to be legal action over it. I originally thought Pirates but Stingers would probably be the best way to go and it is pretty original.

Mr Saab

Referee
Snap..there would be no legal action. Go thru the right channels and its (Titans) theres.
After all :

Denver Broncos...Brisbane
Oakland Raiders....Canberra
Pittsburgh Steelers...Illawarra (1982-1998)

Razor

Coach
Titans is just another american football rip off and they shouldn't have even put it in the thing because there is probably going to be legal action over it

Why? There's only so many nicknames out there, and 1000s of sporting teams.

There's NFL teams with the names

Broncos
Cowboys
Eagles
Panthers
Raiders

And teams in the NRL with the same name. No problem.

Also teams with the names

Rams
Steelers
Chargers

who used to be in the NRL

So why all of a sudden will legal action take place over them calling themselves Titans?

I don't want Titans. I hate the name. Of the 10 mentioned, Pirates is the best. But my fave name is the Gators