What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote one the Pirates

apple

Juniors
I voted for the Titans. A friend of mine voted for the wildcard - The Gold Coast Nemesis. :S

Jordan

Juniors
Pirates... I dunno..sort of sounds a bit cheap to me..

Marlins sounds ok, but is the Gold Coast known for its Marlins? I thought it was more of a Cairns sort of name.. maybe there are..I'm not really the fish expert..

Gold Coast Titans sounds pretty good, but is very much american..

Kaz

junior
I want them to be known as the Gold Coast Indians. ;-)

I look forward to the Cowboys vs Indians game. :lol:

Nuke

Staff member
I read somewhere that they don't wanna use the name Pirates because of the imagery of raping and pillaging. There's been enough of that in our game in recent years. Having said that, I voted for it.

m0j0

Bench
I put in a few votes for Gold Coast Swell because that was the worst option there. Nothing like a good donkey vote to keep the inner child amused.

nqboy

First Grade
BD5733 said:
What can you discuss in the NRL Forum then?

Everything comes back to a particular NRL team, which have their own forums.

The new GC team is a huge issue affecting the NRL and thus has every right to be in this forum.

Stop complaining
Ignore Dodge, he's just cranky coz his CC bid didn't get in.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Pirates for me. Very easy image to market. Home games would feature pirates running about creating mayhem. Make the opposing captian walk the plank. Keel haul the opposing coach. Long John Silver come on down.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nqboy said:
Ignore Dodge, he's just cranky coz his CC bid didn't get in.

Far from it. I acknowledged numerous times that GC should have got in first.

But I fail to see why a thread solely about the Gold Coast club should be sitting around in an NRL forum where I would prefer to talk about the footy scores from last night and whatnot.

DIEHARD

----
Dodge said:
Far from it. I acknowledged numerous times that GC should have got in first.

But I fail to see why a thread solely about the Gold Coast club should be sitting around in an NRL forum where I would prefer to talk about the footy scores from last night and whatnot.

2161.jpg

gunnamatta bay

Referee
But I fail to see why a thread solely about the Gold Coast club should be sitting around in an NRL forum

They are a new NRL club. They are recruiting players from the NRL. NRL followers want to know how they are developing.

Moffo

Referee
let it be dodge

im going to add the gold coast tourists

but out of the ones there, probably the marlins. I like the name cardinals but it has nothing to do with the GC

0neye

Moffo said:
let it be dodge

im going to add the gold coast tourists

but out of the ones there, probably the marlins. I like the name cardinals but it has nothing to do with the GC

GOOD ON YOU POFFO , VOTE AS MANY TIME AS YOU CAN FOR THAT GAY NAME ILL BE VOTEING OFTEN AS 1X 10000000000000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000000000:cool: