What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane Suncorp Stadium 7.50pm Friday 22nd April

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can't confirm all of it is true but it's how they have been training this week.

The Bench worries me if it is right and George is out.

The bench probably will be a worry.

So it could be:

Cook/Cam
Clark
Brown
Siolo

That is a worry.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Clarke is heavier than Dave. He's not as tall but Dave is so poor at making metres, Jason could not be worse and he tackles just as well.

That's why I want Clark starting at prop.

You took the words out of my brain:lol:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nielsen to wing with Bryson to centre.

Auva'a to the bench with Carter or Brown missing out.

Cook and Siolo expected to miss out.

Reyno has hamstring strain but will play. Cody is on standby.

Rabbitohs wary of Milford

Fri 22 Apr, 2016, 7:00am
By Martin Gabor*, National Correspondent , NRL.com

Email
Print

image.ashx

The last time Anthony Milford played the Rabbitohs was Round 25, 2015, and it was a night to remember for the Broncos No.6.
Milford was at his electrifying best, scoring a double, running for a season-high 249 metres and breaking the line three times in what turned out to be a brutal 47-12 shellacking over the 2014 premiers.
Current South Sydney centre Hymel Hunt wasn't at the club for the game but knows first-hand just how potent the Broncos five-eighth can be with ball in hand.
The pair played against each other in the NYC when Hunt was at the Titans and Milford at the Raiders, but it's the time they ran out as State of Origin teammates that stands out for Hunt.
While the Maroons were soundly beaten 36-12 in the 2013 under-20s clash, Milford crossed for a try and kicked both goals in a performance that has stayed fresh in Hunt's mind.
"We played the second year of Junior State of Origin together, and in that game I could see how skilful he was and how strong he was. That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to playing him this week," Hunt told NRL.com.
"I think I was at right centre and he was playing half. We were losing at some stage of the game and I could see him having a massive dig. I know he's a good competitor so I'm really excited to play him this week."
Friday night's clash will be a huge test for a South Sydney side coming off a heavy 26-point defeat to the Cowboys.
After contending with arguably the best player on the planet last week, Hunt will be tasked with trying to stop the left edge of Milford and Corey Oates who have combined for 14 tries already in 2016.
While Oates is one of the form wingers in the competition at the moment, he predominately played in the back-row at Holden Cup level, and also featured in that 2013 State of Origin encounter.
"The Broncos have set the bar for us and the whole NRL. Last weekend was a good hit out against JT [Johnathan Thurston] and it's given us good training for this week," the 22-year-old said.
"Milf and Oates keep scoring tries. I grew up playing with them so I can't wait for the opportunity."
Hunt says that while speed is Milford's greatest asset, the pint-sized five-eighth has many more strings to his bow.
"He's very deceptive. He might look like a small man but he's very strong so that's one area we're focussing on. We can't underestimate him because we know how powerful and elusive he is," Hunt said.
"He plays what's in front of him so we've just got to do our best to give him no opportunities to hurt us."
They might be enemies on the field on Friday night, but Hunt has plenty of respect for his fellow Samoan and is proud of what he's accomplished so far in 2016.
"He's a very humble kid and he doesn't let fame get to him. I don't see him as much as I should but I'm sure after this weekend we'll catch up for sure."

http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-wary-of-milford/tabid/10874/newsid/95085/default.aspx

southsport

First Grade
Late Mail:

Dane Nielsen has travelled with the team and is expected to make his Rabbitohs debut on the wing with Bryson Goodwin to play centre. Either Paul Carter or Nathan Brown is expected to drop off the bench with Kirisome Auva’a added to the bench. Cody Walker has travelled with the team as Adam Reynolds has a slight hamstring issue but the halfback is expected to play.

Late Mail:

Dane Nielsen has travelled with the team and is expected to make his Rabbitohs debut on the wing with Bryson Goodwin to play centre. Either Paul Carter or Nathan Brown is expected to drop off the bench with Kirisome Auva?a added to the bench. Cody Walker has travelled with the team as Adam Reynolds has a slight hamstring issue but the halfback is expected to play.

Cool,thanks Southsport.

Carter – Brisbane Rabbitohs Support in Full Force

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis & Guy Bevan

Fri 22nd April, 09:47AM
A A

The Red and Green Army isn’t one to miss an away trip, and few come bigger than the trip to Suncorp Stadium to take on the Broncos.

While the old Lang Park is home to the Brisbane outfit, the strong show of Red and Green in the stands over the last few seasons has helped the Rabbitohs to three consecutive victories over the Broncos at the Cauldron.

Rabbitohs forward, Paul Carter, is looking to the occasion, as well as seeing what the Club’s Queensland Members and supporters have in store for them tonight.

Related Stories

Preview: Round 8, 2016

Feature: Reynolds to Notch up 100th Game

Gallery: Training Rd 8, 2016

“We’re looking forward to it,” said Carter.

“Obviously it’s a big challenge for us this week and that’s how we play the game – we love playing in these big occasions.

“We’re going to have plenty of support up there at Suncorp.”

The Rabbitohs come into the match having spent the week focusing on tightening up – among other things – their defence according to Carter.

“I think it’s quite obvious we need to work a bit on our defence and also those disciplinary areas,” said Carter.

“We’re giving away too many errors and that’s something we’ve got to address this week and we need to be better against the Broncos.

“Attitude’s a big part of Rugby League and I think it’s a big part of winning the game. That’s something we’ve been trying to address this week and we’re looking forward to going out and playing Friday night.”

For Carter, tonight’s match will represent just his 11th start in the Red and Green’s after joining the Club mid-season last year.

The utility was used as a replacement hooker in last week’s clash against reigning Premiers, the North Queensland Cowboys, but has also proven useful playing out of the back-row.

Stay tuned to Rabbitohs.com.au today for the final team announcement in this week’s edition of ‘Late Mail’.

To watch the full interview, please press play on the video player.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/04/22/carter_brisbane_rabb.html