What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane Suncorp Stadium 7.50pm Friday 22nd April

Rsag85

Bench
Broncos: Winger Corey Oates (knees) was in doubt throughout the week but is expected to play. Alex Glenn (hip) is out, with Herman Ese’ese to come into 17. Sam Thaiday will take Glenn’s place in the back row.

Rabbitohs: Coach Michael Maguire has hinted at changes with Dane Nielsen a chance of making his Rabbitohs debut, while Cody Walker could also come into the 17. Greg Inglis (concussion) has been cleared. Alex Johnston (hamstring) is expected to be at least a week away from a return.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Apperently tyrell is out and tom burgess is in doubt. While that may seem like a good thing it is maybe to late to get replacements sent up from the bears so will have to rely on players who travelled with the squad. it may mean we have to shuffle the team around a bit and will probably see sam play prop, cook onto the bench, auva'a will probably be forced to the bench to make a cameo in the forwards.

southsport

First Grade
Apperently tyrell is out and tom burgess is in doubt. While that may seem like a good thing it is maybe to late to get replacements sent up from the bears so will have to rely on players who travelled with the squad. it may mean we have to shuffle the team around a bit and will probably see sam play prop, cook onto the bench, auva'a will probably be forced to the bench to make a cameo in the forwards.

Adrian Proszenko ‎@proshenks
Dane Nielsen will make his @SSFCRABBITOHS debut tonight. Dave Tyrrell out, Tom Burgess could be a late scratching as well

southsport

First Grade
Dean Ritchie ‎@BulldogRitchie
A big name may be about to withdraw from tonight's match between Broncos and Souths...

James Roberts is the man in question.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Auva'a is not a forward IMO

Nope he's a centre, but with burgess and tyrell potential out, you'd think sam moves to prop and let's say brown goes to lock, that leaves a bench of grevsmuhl, Carter, cook, nielsen. Very light bench.

souths_pride

Juniors
Nope he's a centre, but with burgess and tyrell potential out, you'd think sam moves to prop and let's say brown goes to lock, that leaves a bench of grevsmuhl, Carter, cook, nielsen. Very light bench.
You'd think that Clark would be on the bench, with George Burgess starting. I think Nielson will either start the game or not play at all; It would make much more sense having a game breaker, like Cody Walker, come off the bench than a winger.

DiegoNT

First Grade
You'd think that Clark would be on the bench, with George Burgess starting. I think Nielson will either start the game or not play at all; It would make much more sense having a game breaker, like Cody Walker, come off the bench than a winger.

Forgot about clark.
I don't think nielsen will start on the bench, but i can see a scenario where nielsen starts, goodwin centre :(, and auva'a on the bench playing some minutes in the backrow like earlier in the year

souths_pride

Juniors
Forgot about clark.
I don't think nielsen will start on the bench, but i can see a scenario where nielsen starts, goodwin centre :(, and auva'a on the bench playing some minutes in the backrow like earlier in the year
I really hope we don't play a centre/winger on the bench. That would be a waste of a spot. I'm all for playing a reserve back but they need to be exceptionally versatile i.e. a Kurt Kidley, or they need to be a game breaker. Auva'a is neither one of those, while Cody Walker has the potential to turn the game in our favour with his running ability. Moreover, he could be needed if Luke Keary doesn't fire or if Adam Reynolds pulls up injured with his dodgy hamstring.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I really hope we don't play a centre/winger on the bench. That would be a waste of a spot. I'm all for playing a reserve back but they need to be exceptionally versatile i.e. a Kurt Kidley, or they need to be a game breaker. Auva'a is neither one of those, while Cody Walker has the potential to turn the game in our favour with his running ability. Moreover, he could be needed if Luke Keary doesn't fire or if Adam Reynolds pulls up injured with his dodgy hamstring.

Well i think they are limited with who they've brought up for the trip. Before figuring in a tyrell and T.burgess ruled out and any potential change in the backs our bench options are g.burgess, browm, grevsmuhl, clark, Carter, cook, nielsen and Walker.

southsport

First Grade
The team is:

1. Greg Inglis (c)
2. Bryson Goodwin
19. Dane Nielsen
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Aaron Gray
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Thomas Burgess
18. Damien Cook
10. David Tyrrell
11. Chris Grevsmuhl
14. Paul Carter
13. Sam Burgess
Interchange:
3. Kirisome Auva'a
9. Cameron McInnes
15. Jason Clark
16. Nathan Brown

DiegoNT

First Grade
Hopefully cook takes this chance with open hands.
Goodwin still on the wing. That's a worry.
Turner dropped or injured?